XF 1.3 installing addon error unknown to me

Echelon

huh...got a unknown problem for the first time while installing a new add on...never seen this error

is it a 777/644 error or something?

add.webp

The exact configuration would depend on your specific server configuration. 777 would be the least restrictive, but some server configurations may allow something different.

As the error states, if you don't know what you're doing in terms of file permissions, you should probably speak to your host or server person. Once that particular error is resolved, it's very likely you may have other file permission related issues.

I believe the error is coming from my add-on installer. I do not (and will not ever) advise people on how to configure their servers so if you still can't get it working you will need to do as the error message says and speak to your host.

The exact configuration would depend on your specific server configuration. 777 would be the least restrictive, but some server configurations may allow something different.

As the error states, if you don't know what you're doing in terms of file permissions, you should probably speak to your host or server person. Once that particular error is resolved, it's very likely you may have other file permission related issues.

I believe the error is coming from my add-on installer. I do not (and will not ever) advise people on how to configure their servers so if you still can't get it working you will need to do as the error message says and speak to your host.

ok. thanks Chris. I will consult my hoster.

Hi Chris. You seem like an expert on this ;-)

well.....i am positively sure i got my permissions set correctly......but....still got an error......although im not the most technical skilled dude.......looks like a file is completely missing here..is it?

if not...what to do?

SURE.webp

Hi Chris. You seem like an expert on this ;-)

well.....i am positively sure i got my permissions set correctly......but....still got an error......although im not the most technical skilled dude.......looks like a file is completely missing here..is it?

if not...what to do?
Adjust the permission of the your_web_root/install/addons directory to be writeable by the group that your HTTP server runs as.
This a shared host? If so, you want to be careful what permissions you allow for that location.
There may also be a way by using su_exec, but I don't fool with that module.

Adjust the permission of the your_web_root/install/addons directory to be writeable by the group that your HTTP server runs as.
This a shared host? If so, you want to be careful what permissions you allow for that location.
There may also be a way by using su_exec, but I don't fool with that module.

ok. great.......webroot/install/addons > am i missing something or are the maps gone?

nothere.webp

I still didn't see the /install directory listed.
This is what is in mine
Code:
chat/  data/  fonts/  images/  install/  internal_data/  js/  library/  mobiquo/   sitemap/  styles/
Did you remove the /install for "security" reasons?

I still didn't see the /install directory listed.
This is what is in mine
Code:
chat/  data/  fonts/  images/  install/  internal_data/  js/  library/  mobiquo/   sitemap/  styles/
Did you remove the /install for "security" reasons?

maybe i did on second thought but according to some staff members this is not really damaging...also this happened 6 months ago and errors on installing updates and addons occurred since yesterday so deleting the install map is not the problem

maybe i did on second thought but according to some staff members this is not really damaging...also this happened 6 months ago and errors on installing updates and addons occurred since yesterday so deleting the install map is not the problem
Some add-ons actually write data to the /install directory (specifically the add/remove add-on by @Chris D).

I give up :-(
too complex for me
thanks

Top Bottom