XF 1.1 Installation is taking forever

boboman13

Hello,
So I have already uploaded the necessary files and such, however, after I have set up the MySQL database and it goes to the next step, it is just taking forever. I leave it open for around 4 to 2 hours as a tab, and its either stuck on the "Rebuilding... Admin Templates (Importing)" or the 'Rebuilding... Templates (Importing)", is it supposed to take this long? However, I must close the tab after say 4 hours, so I think I lose the progress I made before... Help please?

Hello,
So I have already uploaded the necessary files and such, however, after I have set up the MySQL database and it goes to the next step, it is just taking forever. I leave it open for around 4 to 2 hours as a tab, and its either stuck on the "Rebuilding... Admin Templates (Importing)" or the 'Rebuilding... Templates (Importing)", is it supposed to take this long? However, I must close the tab after say 4 hours, so I think I lose the progress I made before... Help please?

No it shouldn't take that long at this point. The good thing is you should be able to navigate back to the install directory and rebuild the templates again, or take up where you left off. Importing from another database can take considerable time - is this a new install?

No it shouldn't take that long at this point. The good thing is you should be able to navigate back to the install directory and rebuild the templates again, or take up where you left off. Importing from another database can take considerable time - is this a new install?
Yes, this is a new install. The installation has not yet passed this point, so the database should not have anything in it, unless it puts stuff in it during the phase. If it helps, on the tab it says "Rebuilding... | Xenforo".

I don't want to jump the gun or anything, but it has taken 4 minutes on the Importing Templates step again. Should I completely re-download the files from XenForo, re-upload them, clear the database, and start like that?

I don't want to jump the gun or anything, but it has taken 4 minutes on the Importing Templates step again. Should I completely re-download the files from XenForo, re-upload them, clear the database, and start like that?

To install again you can simply delete the contents of data and internal_data, then run /install again. It may prompt you about clearing the existing tables which is OK if your intention is to wipe the old install and start over.

The install doesn't normally take longer than a minute. It's possible your server is just very slow.

Might be a good idea. I would probably start with everything fresh in a situation like this, otherwise you are running in circles. Have you run the test script to test your host?

Top Bottom