1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BBCodes taking forever to load

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Rambro, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is an ongoing issue, and my search-fu came up empty, so I'm gonna try here: When users on the forum are clicking the IMG code, and several others, its taking up to 5 seconds, not to mention flickering between blue, and then the theme colors. Here's what one member posted screen shots of the process looking like:

Stage 1:

002.jpg

Stage 2:
    002.jpg

Stage 3:
    005.jpg

Stage four - final window.

Chrome: Stage one (two seconds) -> stage two (two seconds) -> stage four. Every single time. First try, five seconds in total. Conceding tries four seconds.
    Firefox: Stage one (three seconds)-> stage three (two seconds) -> stage four. Speeds up a little after first try.
    Opera: Stage one -> stage three -> stage four. Sometimes stage one -> stage two -> stage four (sometimes preceded by a few ms of stage three). In the beginning about five seconds. After a dozen tries it fluctuates in between two and three seconds total.
    YMMV. :dave:

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      18.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

A few seconds delay is normal but part of it was due to a bug which has been fixed for the next release.

3. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

Use this and activate the fast overlays.

4. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Already had it installed, just didn't have that option turned on. Thanks. Seems to help a little bit, although it also seems to override the theme styling on the bbcode buttons for some reason.

5. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

The styles should work. I've no problems on my websites.