Installation Error

Hi, i'm trying to install into a remote MysqlDB (my host, GoDaddy, uses remote mysql db's for their hosting accounts, works fine for everything else, wordpress, vb, etc).

After the stage
Rebuilding ... Phrases (Importing)

It says something like "an error has occurred, resubmitting request"

Then eventually it fails with a page not found at 2B

However, if i then retry the whole thing from the install step, it does exactly the same however instead of the missing 2B page the following is displayed (i've swapped some of the directory names out to mask the site details)

Mysql version : 5.0.91
Php Version : 5.2.14

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in /home/content/d/e/v/username/html/accountdir/forum_test/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 292
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in /home/content/d/e/v/username/html/accountdir/forum_test/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 468
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in /home/content/d/e/v/username/html/accountdir/forum_test/library/XenForo/Model/Phrase.php at line 1068
XenForo_Model_Phrase->deletePhrasesForAddOn() in /home/content/d/e/v/username/html/accountdir/forum_test/library/XenForo/Model/Phrase.php at line 1098
XenForo_Model_Phrase->importPhrasesAddOnXml() in /home/content/d/e/v/username/html/accountdir/forum_test/library/XenForo/CacheRebuilder/ImportPhrase.php at line 33
XenForo_CacheRebuilder_ImportPhrase->rebuild() in /home/content/d/e/v/username/html/accountdir/forum_test/library/XenForo/ControllerHelper/CacheRebuild.php at line 26
XenForo_ControllerHelper_CacheRebuild->rebuildCache() in /home/content/d/e/v/username/html/accountdir/forum_test/library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.php at line 243
XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionStep2b() in /home/content/d/e/v/username/html/accountdir/forum_test/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in /home/content/d/e/v/username/html/accountdir/forum_test/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/content/d/e/v/username/html/accountdir/forum_test/install/index.php at line 17

This is something that a few people have run into. The approach for this has been changed significantly for beta 3 and that should fix this issue (and a few similar ones). Unfortunately, it's hard to give a good suggestion as to what to do before beta 3. We expect beta 3 to be out early next week though.

Ok, i'll have to wait i guess :(

Was really fired up to have a play with the forum as well, but waiting for beta 3 is probably better since i'll be testing a vb import as well.

Looks really good so far, from what i can see from this forum, i like the more "social" elements which is exactly what my current forum needs.

If you want to fire me an early beta 3 to see if it fixes the issue i'm happy to give it a go.

I would, but the fixes span across a whole bunch of files - there are a number of changes here (some preventative, some based on issues that have indeed been reported).

Sorry that you can't get it installed now. :( If possible, maybe you could try playing with it locally, using something like Zend Server Community Edition or Wamp.

Ok, i'll have to wait i guess :(

Was really fired up to have a play with the forum as well, but waiting for beta 3 is probably better since i'll be testing a vb import as well.

Looks really good so far, from what i can see from this forum, i like the more "social" elements which is exactly what my current forum needs.

If you want to fire me an early beta 3 to see if it fixes the issue i'm happy to give it a go.

OR get away from godaddy as fast as you can :D
try hostgator there are plenty of coupons floating around Google :)

Top Bottom