XF 1.1 Installation error for latest version (1.1.3)

kwaken

Hello,

I am trying to install XenForo 1.1.3 on my VPS (fresh installation). I get below error:
Server Error
unserialize() [<a href='function.unserialize'>function.unserialize</a>]: Error at offset 0 of 1 bytes
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. unserialize() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 667
  3. XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->updatePropertyCacheInStyle() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 632
  4. XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->rebuildPropertyCacheInStyleAndChildren() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2316
  5. XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertiesFromArray() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2187
  6. XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertyXml() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2120
  7. XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertyDevelopmentXml() in XenForo/CacheRebuilder/ImportMasterData.php at line 45
  8. XenForo_CacheRebuilder_ImportMasterData->rebuild() in XenForo/ControllerHelper/CacheRebuild.php at line 26
  9. XenForo_ControllerHelper_CacheRebuild->rebuildCache() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.php at line 240
  10. XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionStep2b() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132

Kindly help me to fix the problem! Thanks..

Hmm. I would like to debug that error to see what style property it is. But first I recommend simply re-uploading all of the files and running the install again. If the error persists then I can take a look if you give me FTP access.

Hmm. I would like to debug that error to see what style property it is. But first I recommend simply re-uploading all of the files and running the install again. If the error persists then I can take a look if you give me FTP access.

Thanks Jake.. I tried several times and same error each time :( i just send you PM with details for help.

What version of PHP are you using?
****@server [~]# grep safe_mode /usr/local/lib/php.ini
safe_mode = Off

****@server [~]# php -m | grep -i 'gd\|pcre\|MySQLi\|SPL\|SimpleXML\|DOM\|JSON\|iconv\|ctype'
ctype
dom
gd
iconv
json
mysqli
pcre
SimpleXML
SPL
-------
****@server [~]# php -v
PHP 5.2.17 (cli) (built: Jun 9 2012 11:38:35)

Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
with eAccelerator v0.9.6.1, Copyright (c) 2004-2010 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator
with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.0.12, Copyright (c) 2002-2011, by ionCube Ltd., and
with Zend Optimizer v3.3.9, Copyright (c) 1998-2009, by Zend Technologies

****@server [~]# mysql -V
mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.95, for unknown-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.

****@server [~]# php -v
PHP 5.2.17 (cli) (built: Jun 9 2012 11:38:35)

Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
with eAccelerator v0.9.6.1, Copyright (c) 2004-2010 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator
with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.0.12, Copyright (c) 2002-2011, by ionCube Ltd., and
with Zend Optimizer v3.3.9, Copyright (c) 1998-2009, by Zend Technologies

First up. Update to at least a 5.3 extention, if not a 5.4 version of php.

Secondly, do you realy need ionCube, zend optimizer and eAccelerator? I would drop all 3 unless you "actually" need them. For caching APC will provide you better performance over eAccelerator.

First up. Update to at least a 5.3 extention, if not a 5.4 version of php.

Secondly, do you realy need ionCube, zend optimizer and eAccelerator? I would drop all 3 unless you "actually" need them. For caching APC will provide you better performance over eAccelerator.

Thanks Slavik but,

If i update to 5.3 then few of my joomla sites will not work. ioncube & zend optimizer i need it for few components / scripts. Also, i think as per requirement given at XenForo, this shouldn't be a problem at all.

Also, Jake asked me to disable eAccelerator & Zend Optimizer. This didnt solve the problem as well.

Couple reports of this problem which Mike handled:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/style-problem.20540/
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/server-error-help.28689/

Mike's post here makes sense based on my debugging:

I saw this with another user recently. I tracked it down to something that looked like a server issue, relating to MySQLi. We are unable to fix it within XenForo.

The only recommendation I could make is trying a different version of PHP (or the MySQLi extension within) or using a different server.

The only other issue I saw this with was PHP 5.3.9. So yeah, this is only the second time I've seen this and it looks like the PHP versions are different. It simply doesn't store or read the data correctly with the database.

I'm unsure if this is an issue in MySQL itself or MySQLi -- you may wish to try a newer PHP version, and perhaps MySQLi with MySQLnd, or a different MySQL version.

I verified the correct data from the model to the db adapter, yet for some reason the serial string is written as 0.

Mike is probably the dev who will reply to your ticket. But it looks like the solution may just be to upgrade your server software.

Just for the kicks, what is the memory limit you use in PHP?
I saw the Error at offset 0 of 1 bytes associated with exhausted memory.

This is what I use on my server:
php_admin_value[memory_limit] = 128M
php_admin_value[post_max_size] = 8M
php_admin_value[upload_max_filesize] = 8M

I also set the MySQL packet size 64M.

Hello,

I am trying to install XenForo 1.1.3 on my VPS (fresh installation). I get below error:
Server Error
unserialize() [<a href='function.unserialize'>function.unserialize</a>]: Error at offset 0 of 1 bytes
  3. XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->updatePropertyCacheInStyle() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 632
  4. XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->rebuildPropertyCacheInStyleAndChildren() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2316
  5. XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertiesFromArray() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2187
  6. XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertyXml() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2120
  7. XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertyDevelopmentXml() in XenForo/CacheRebuilder/ImportMasterData.php at line 45
  8. XenForo_CacheRebuilder_ImportMasterData->rebuild() in XenForo/ControllerHelper/CacheRebuild.php at line 26
  9. XenForo_ControllerHelper_CacheRebuild->rebuildCache() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.php at line 240
  10. XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionStep2b() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132

I had the same issue with the unserialize function. It really is a .php issue. You can work with your web hosting company and have xenforo use a different version of .php then your joomla installs. Although I would be surprised if joomla broke when moving to php 5.4 or >.

Hello,

Server Error

One of the causes of this error is an incorrect installation/compilation/configuration of APC. Can you disable APC, restart apache and check if the error persists?

Problem Resolved.

Updated PHP and MySQL to latest stable versions. If anyone faced the problem, you could try this as last option.. if none worked.

Thanks to all who helped especially Jake! Kudos..

@Mods - pls move this to resolved or close the thread.

Top Bottom