1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Install and vb4 migration Help needed.

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by audiokid, Feb 23, 2014.

1. audiokid

audiokid Active Member

I'm at a loss here. First of all, I am basically server clueless and do everything FTP for 13 years. I use tech support with my dedicated server. They do everything for me. I am on vb4 and have a moderate size site with a half million posts. 16000 members.

I upgraded vb4 to a new server before planning to migrate to Xenforo. Well now the database is corrupted and they are at a loss. I also thought they were doing backups which I see they haven't been.
    So, there are corrupted InnoDB tables. The site has been able to run but it crashes after a while.

To get to the point, is there anyone here that could do this migration for me and somehow get it all resolved. Anyone here savy at fixing a corrupted database?

I'm pretty sure I know where I went wrong with the corrupted database before this upgrade. I deleted old usernames that were no longer active for years up to a certain time. This was about 35000 users.
    I then rebuilt the site and it seemed to work fine. Then I proceeded to upgrade the server to plan on migrating over to XenForo (now). :) :(

Without writing a book here, is there anyone that can help, that I could hire to get this done for me? I'm at a loss and not rich by any means but need to get this happening.

What I need:
    I want my vb4 back running so it is ready to migrate to XenForo,
    I was on vbseo . I want my urls to redirect (if this is a wise move? dunno?) vbseo is also a big regret indeed.
    I would like vbseo likes migrated.
    I want to use the vb4 style which is available here. nice one!
    I want to be able to have a similar ad format placement as vb4 so I can put my openx code in there and my clients aren't freaking on me.
    I need keyword replacement add-on. I was using vbseo keyword replacement so i need something similar.

Can someone help?

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

me

me

I can do redirects.

I can do vBSEO likes.

Keywords are literally worthless now. Don't bother.

vB4 with half a million posts isn't that bad. I can use the default web-based importer. It's not that much work so it won't be very expensive. Shoot me a PM if you want to discuss it.

vbuser and Amaury like this.
  3. audiokid

audiokid Active Member

thanks for chiming in. I am waiting to see if my support team is able to get my server back online. I will then contact you.
    In the mean time, a have a few clients that pay to autolink keywords to their urls. What do you recommend?

4. Jake Bunce

Oh, like hyperlinking words in posts? That's different.

I am not aware of an addon for this. You might need to hire some one:

http://xenforo.com/community/forums/custom-service-development-requests.69/

5. audiokid

audiokid Active Member

6. Jake Bunce