XF 2.0 Help with a vb4 migration

🔥Iggy🔥

hello, i have a couple questions about some import testing i have been doing....

one is in regard to some curious things i found looking in the databases...

the other is if my overall upgrade plan is even sound to begin with haaha

#1 we have a fairly large attachment directory....the source database lists over 150k rows
i did a test with the browser importer in xen1...then one direct to xen2 with the cli importer...they all have about a 10k difference in row counts....so that alarmed me as i do not know how to verify it all imported ok....

to the plan, it is huge difference in time so i wanted to import the attachments AFTER importing a photopost database in xen1 and upgrading to xen2....however the photopost import is looking like it will take several days to finish! so i wish to be sure my plan is ok AND that all the data is there...so i noticed as the photopost importer is running....it is also writing data to the attachment table creating attach ID#s! ....does this mean i cannot import actual attachments by cli afterwards??

#2 i made a test stage area to try building frameworks....configs, addons etc....then the other is importing the data...users, forums, threads, photopost albums, etc....IF issue 1 makes sense somehow and we can verify all the attachments are actually there(it is hard to do for certain with so many)...then my plan is to xen2 to xen2 import the data stage into the framework stage, which has no users, forums etc...

does that makes sense? we need to know how we can verify attachment integrity, and ALSO if my procedure needs to be done in the reverse order...i.e import attachments by browser importer in xen1 BEFORE importing photopost data...which...i can do...but it takes 5 hours for attachments and that is the method where in my tests there is the lowest # of rows...whatever that means? back to that see...

thank you for any help...i am babysitting this importer for days and i dont think its even any use, i could use a little insight.

Top Bottom