XF 2.2 VB5 migration, help for finishing touches

jnrdavo

Hello all, I've just successfully migrated one of my forums to XF2 without too many issues thanks to this forum :)

I've got a couple of outstanding that I hope somebody can help with.

1. I've put a stupid log at the top somehow, not using the 'correct' way of doing it (Admin -> Style Properties -> Basic Options -> Settings -> Logo), but some other way.. I've tried to 'back' on my browser, but can't find out how I actually did it! Can anybody help resolve this (nothing that the basic settings -> logo is set to XF2 default)

2. Is there a way to create a hyperlink to my 'other' sites? In vb4/5, you could modify the navigation section to include these...

That's about it for now. Looks to be up and running fine, so it will be interesting to see the traffic changes that may occur.

Below is a pic of the 'dodgy' header..
1692860016078.webp

Last edited:
Is there a way to create a hyperlink to my 'other' sites? In vb4/5, you could modify the navigation section to include these...
That is in the ACP > Setup > Public Navigation

Under extra attributes you can add target and _blank to open in new tab

Last edited:
1. I've put a stupid log at the top somehow, not using the 'correct' way of doing it (Admin -> Style Properties -> Basic Options -> Settings -> Logo), but some other way.. I've tried to 'back' on my browser, but can't find out how I actually did it! Can anybody help resolve this (nothing that the basic settings -> logo is set to XF2 default)
Did you edit the PAGE_CONTAINER template?

Admin Panel -> Appearance -> Styles -> Choose the theme -> PAGE_CONTAINER

If it's red, it's been modified and you click View custom changes when you open the template.

Or did you overwrite the default logo file via FTP?
2. Is there a way to create a hyperlink to my 'other' sites? In vb4/5, you could modify the navigation section to include these...
Admin Panel -> Setup -> Navigation -> Public navigation

Many thanks for teh quick reply on the Page Navigation... That's all sorted now!

An no, I didn't modify page_container (it's not red), and I didn't upload over the default logo with ftp (or copy)... I did 'something' else, but with all the changes I've done, I just can't remember :confused:

Many thanks for teh quick reply on the Page Navigation... That's all sorted now!

An no, I didn't modify page_container (it's not red), and I didn't upload over the default logo with ftp (or copy)... I did 'something' else, but with all the changes I've done, I just can't remember :confused:
Could it be in an Advertising position?

Further to this. I've just check that the 'default' logo is correct (styles/default/xenforo/xenforo-logo.png)... And it is. I just pointed my page to it (with my prefix for my site of course) and it displays correctly..

1692860963200.webp

So it's not a 'logo' issue, but seems to be a 'background' issue that I've changed somehow!!!

1692860864194.png

Admin Panel -> Appearance -> Styles -> Choose the theme -> Style Properties -> Header and navigation

Look for the Background (Image) you set:

background.webp

Ok, so sorry, I need your help again.
I created the new site at ozskoda.com.au, but the 'real' domain was at ozskoda.com.
I moved the folder/db to the .com domain and modified the 'basic' settings to point to it, and it was working fine.
Then I went and did a redirect on www.ozskoda.com.au -> www.ozskoda.com....... and since then, I'm getting a 404 error.

Any ideas on how to fix? I've removed any/all redirects from both domains, but I still can't get anything when I go to www.ozskoda.com... I've got access to be able to modify the config files, or sql if that helps :-)

Ok, it seems that it's now working on http, not https..

I've added the following to .htaccess file, hopefully that is all that is required. I think part of the issue is caching in my browser(s):

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
RewriteRule ^ https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]

Last edited:
Top Bottom