Insert image from local PC?

rolo

I wonder if it is possible to insert an image from my loca PC instead an URL.

It would be great!

Any addon?

Thanks!

But I would like to insert images above and below text. I need to post tutorial with text explanations and images.
It would be great to be able to insert them from local PC (and not having to upload to server first and insert them as URL)

I would pay for an addon to do this!

You're always going to have to upload pictures to a server either to another website or through attachments. Otherwise, nobody can see the attachment when your computer is off. :)

I mean, it would be great to be able to insert a picture inside the content box like this:

1. User hits the insert image button
2. He selects it from his PC
3. Image is uploaded automatically to a default server folder
4. Image is visible inside content box!

I need images to be visible inside content box after uploading from PC (not as attachements)
Some kind of autoupload to a server and autopaste the URL!

:eek:

Click on "Upload a file" under the editor window, you upload your image to the message then you can insert it. So you have three display options: Do nothing with the uploaded images (they show at the end of the post as attached files); Insert as thumbnail anywhere, just move the cursor then click insert as thumbnail; Insert as full sized image (same method).

It confused some of my forum members too, they did not realise you have to start the process by uploading the image to the post as a file.

Yes!...I see now that uploading the image with "full image" option it is inserted in content box
bigeyes.gif
Is it possible to set image aligment to left so I can write text to the right of the image???

(y)

Code:
Sub VBACode()
'teesting code box
End Sub

Great!!!

Click on "Upload a file" under the editor window, you upload your image to the message then you can insert it. So you have three display options: Do nothing with the uploaded images (they show at the end of the post as attached files); Insert as thumbnail anywhere, just move the cursor then click insert as thumbnail; Insert as full sized image (same method).

It confused some of my forum members too, they did not realise you have to start the process by uploading the image to the post as a file.

I have commented that this is confusing in todays computer world users are not going to find upload a file to ensure the image is on your server so when the site they've used goes down the image gets broken. Digital Doctor made this image to help me show you what I think should be implemented. The insert from file option when a user clicks the insert image, it only has to be a link to the attachment manager/upload a file menu, but it would save so much confusion and the
FAQ: if I want to insert an image do I click the insert image or the upload a file button?
Ans: That depends where you are inserting the image from...
It's just not simplistic and a big shot in the foot for XF.
xenforo-image-insert-redirect-to-file-insertion-jpg.37632

Top Bottom