XF 2.2 Insert image from xenforo attach URL

Dannymh

Hi All,

I am working on something that helps cross forum posting, dealing with attachments has been an issue and I don't want to move those across the site(s).

I try to embed the attachment which is an image using the [img] bbcode however it will not render the image. If I insert the same code inside standard HTML it works fine. Just wondering if there is someway to get this working (I also tried with a custom bbcode as well

As an example the URL looks something like https://<siteurl>/forums/index.php?attachments/user_pc-png.13270/

That will show up as an unloaded image if I post it, but in standard HTML renders and if I go to the URL it also renders

Cheers
Dan

Solution
If the image is available to guests and hotlinking is not prevented then it can be embedded.

Right click and open it in a new tab to get the correct URL.
If the image is available to guests and hotlinking is not prevented then it can be embedded.

Solution

Thanks, I realised just before I saw your reply I was dealing with a permissions issue. Flicked guest permissions to post attachments on and it worked.

Thank you

Top Bottom