Insert Attachment

Insert Attachment 1.6

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Insert Attachment - Automatically inserts image attachments into the message.

Description:

The Insert Attachment add-on is designed to insert image attachments into the message. So instead of the thumbnail attachments showing below the message, the add-on will insert the

[ ATTACH=full ]1234[ /ATTACH ]

code so the image will show full size. Those viewing your forum will enjoy not having to click thumbnails to view images.

Features:
  • Attachments are inserted immediately after message is saved
  • Admin Option to allow full size image or thumbnail...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for this addon :)
It seems that it is not compatible with [bd] Attachment Store by @xfrocks
If i enable your addon the attachment disappears (also in edit post)

Create Thread
  1. Zend_Uri_Http->__construct() in Zend/Uri.php at line 143
  2. Zend_Uri::factory() in Zend/Http/Client.php at line 270
  3. Zend_Http_Client->setUri() in Zend/Http/Client.php at line 253
  4. Zend_Http_Client->__construct() in XenForo/Helper/Http.php at line 34
  5. XenForo_Helper_Http::getClient() in XenES/Api.php at line 35
  6. XenES_Api->__construct() in XenES/Api.php at line 53
  7. XenES_Api::getInstance() in Andy/InsertAttachment/DataWriter.php at line 159
  8. Andy_InsertAttachment_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 477
  9. XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_saveFirstMessageDw() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 426
  10. XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1397
  11. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 681
  12. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() inWaindigo/ThreadThumbnails/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 129
  13. Waindigo_ThreadThumbnails_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() inWaindigo/CustomFields/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 177
  14. Waindigo_CustomFields_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  15. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  1. :(

First of all thank you for this add-on.

I intend to use it in "default Thumbnails" mode. It works well however one minor complaint or observation.
Thumbnails get tiled vertically with a line space in between for multiple attachments.

Code:
[ATTACH]96[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]97[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]98[/ATTACH]

This may work best for full-size images but for thumbnails a horizontal formatting the way the default XF does it when selecting thumbs would be preferred.

Code:
[ATTACH]96[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]97[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]98[/ATTACH]

First of all thank you for this add-on.

I intend to use it in "default Thumbnails" mode. It works well however one minor complaint or observation.
Thumbnails get tiled vertically with a line space in between for multiple attachments.

I just uploaded Insert Attachment v1.2 and it will now insert thumbnails inline.

the addon is fantastic.......makes it really simple for my community!......(I have a few that are not internet savvy!) it's great work Andy......

the only problem I have is my "pin-it" button wont allow me to pin to "pinterest!"...the pin it logo shows up......and I can click it...it opens pinterest.....but I always get an error!
(this is not pinnable!) error!

any ideas of a way around Andy?

thanks in advance

Lee

Really useful attachment. I was hoping to have it override if my members inserted thumbnails into the post and have it display the full image - is this possible?

Many thanks

Thank you for this add-on. I have no idea why xenforo doesn't offer this option in the core, and I also have no idea why anyone would want to insert an image that's no full sized.

Andy --

i've installed this on 1.3.3, but it isn't working -- when I upload a pic, I still get asked if I want a thumbnail or full image, instead of the image just being inserted.

Any idea why? Are there permissions that need to be set in order to use this add-on?

Andy --

i've installed this on 1.3.3, but it isn't working -- when I upload a pic, I still get asked if I want a thumbnail or full image, instead of the image just being inserted.

Any idea why? Are there permissions that need to be set in order to use this add-on?

Just to clarify -- i've also installed your "remove thumbnail insert 1.0" add-on.
When I upload an image, I still get the dialog box below, which makes the user click the "full image" button:

image-upload.webp

This is super-confusing to users -- it should just insert the full image inline, without even asking, since the user only has one choice.

Is that what this add-on was supposed to do?

When I created a new thread by moving a post from a thread, it adds an ATTACH code to some random image in the Xen Media Gallery that I have.
This ATTACH code also cant be removed by editing. It just comes right back. If I disable the Insert Attachment Addon, I can remove the ATTACH code.

Any guess as to why this is happening?

Edit: It makes a link that says View Attachment

Last edited:
Just to clarify -- i've also installed your "remove thumbnail insert 1.0" add-on.
When I upload an image, I still get the dialog box below, which makes the user click the "full image" button:

View attachment 79640

This is super-confusing to users -- it should just insert the full image inline, without even asking, since the user only has one choice.

Is that what this add-on was supposed to do?

i have the same problem. Some one can help us?

Hello AndyB

I assume the new update "Insert attachment in ASC order" means one attachment below the other even though there is room to fit the attachment side by side so less scrolling down?

I have been trying to feature out how to turn it into a gallery provided there is space enough for one on the other side instead of one below the other till I noticed that update.

If that is what is causing it, is there a way to remove ASC order? Would save a lot of scrolling down that way in image heavy threads.

Hello @AndyB there seems to be a bug with your plugin. In case of imported threads from vbulletin, already inserted attachments show ATTACH=full]filenmumber.vB[/ATTACH and your plugin automatically adds all the images at the end of post again, if that post is edited and removing the images automatically added towards the end, doesn't seems to fix that.

Top Bottom