XF 1.5 Inquiries about amazon SES

Cyb3r

Hey guys, I registered with Amazon a while ago but I never used their service, currently i'm using mandrill but it has a monthly usage limit, anyway I thought of moving to amazon SES as it's way cheaper and convenient, now I have some question that I would like to know before making the move:

1. They just raised the amount of daily rate to 50000/day and maximum 50000/month, is that free or have some fees?
  2. The rate per second is 14, I'm wondering if I have to make a queue myself or just bulk send through XenForo and they will take care of the queue?
  3. I got new VPS and I want to hide my server IP from the header is that possible through their service?
  4. I also need to use their service as overall mail server for my site, do they provide this service? if yes then how much does it cost monthly?
  5. Finally how easy is it to integrate their service with Xenforo?

That's all for now, thanks in advance.

1. Your pricing questions can be answered here, but basically, unless you're on EC2, you don't get any free emails. You pay $0.10 per thousand emails sent. Which is crazy cheap.
  2. You have to control your send rate. Amazon will reject anything you send more than 14/second. That rate can be increased after you have a history with Amazon. I'm currently at 28/second, 100,000/day.
  3. The email headers reflect an Amazon IP.
  4. You can use SES to send email for your entire domain. Costs are the same as above.
  5. It's simple. You just enter in the SMTP info that Amazon gives you.

1. Your pricing questions can be answered here, but basically, unless you're on EC2, you don't get any free emails. You pay $0.10 per thousand emails sent. Which is crazy cheap.
  2. You have to control your send rate. Amazon will reject anything you send more than 14/second. That rate can be increased after you have a history with Amazon. I'm currently at 28/second, 100,000/day.
  3. The email headers reflect an Amazon IP.
  4. You can use SES to send email for your entire domain. Costs are the same as above.
  5. It's simple. You just enter in the SMTP info that Amazon gives you.

Thank you for the kind reply.
1. What's the EC2 and how could I know if i'm EC2 or not.
2. How to control the rate on Xenforo?
3. That's awesome so I don't have to worry about my server getting leaked? :O
4. What I meant is can I use them as private mail server for both incoming and outgoing?
5. That's clear enough. :D

Get a decent small VPS with at least 768MB ram like Vultr $5 /month then install your own Mail Server: https://mailinabox.email/
Unlimited incoming and outgoing, unlimited email accounts, unlimited domains and your main server will not be leaked.

How is that possible?

Also I used to use postfix and dovecot on my previous servers but the messages gets into the junk mail most of the time.

Get a decent small VPS with at least 768MB ram like Vultr $5 /month then install your own Mail Server: https://mailinabox.email/
Unlimited incoming and outgoing, unlimited email accounts, unlimited domains and your main server will not be leaked.
And btw I got another server from ramnode for my other sites, 1 is for my big site and the other is for my idle site, I might use it as mail server if you would guide me.

I'm concerned that changing to your own VPS impacts experience
Mostly DigitalOcean and Linode IP's has bad reputation for emails, So I choose Vultr as their VPS is not abused by mail most of the time.
You have to request manually on their tech support to open port 25 on your server.

Yeah, that's one of my concerns. You cannot tell how many mailboxes are bouncing your emails and not been delivered, and if your open rate has dropped off.
The only stats I can give to you is the data from https://postmaster.google.com/
I'm monitoring my domains/emails with them.
RDN5PWs.png

AIbIZdv.png

c2XSFEk.png

rsZPabA.png

kdrKhzp.png

tDhO6do.png

It's almost perfect as you can see.

I got a third server from ramnode for the email server, I set everything up but after installing the mail server I got this:
Code:
✖ Local DNS (bind9) is not running ([Errno 111] Connection refused; port 53).
✖ Local DNS Control (bind9/rndc) is not running ([Errno 111] Connection refused; port 953).

Any idea?

Top Bottom