XF 1.5 Inquiries about amazon SES

Cyb3r

Hey guys, I registered with Amazon a while ago but I never used their service, currently i'm using mandrill but it has a monthly usage limit, anyway I thought of moving to amazon SES as it's way cheaper and convenient, now I have some question that I would like to know before making the move:

1. They just raised the amount of daily rate to 50000/day and maximum 50000/month, is that free or have some fees?
  2. The rate per second is 14, I'm wondering if I have to make a queue myself or just bulk send through XenForo and they will take care of the queue?
  3. I got new VPS and I want to hide my server IP from the header is that possible through their service?
  4. I also need to use their service as overall mail server for my site, do they provide this service? if yes then how much does it cost monthly?
  5. Finally how easy is it to integrate their service with Xenforo?

That's all for now, thanks in advance.

Running your own mail server is the cheapest, if you are sending a significant amount of email. But keeping your email server off black lists can be hard work, which does make SES attractive.

One thing about SES, they will you suspend you quickly if your bounce rate is above 10%. You have to make sure that your email is relatively clean to start with and that you utilise the inbuilt bounce functionality of xenforo. If you are using this for than just xenforo, then you would be wise to use sendy

I got a third server from ramnode for the email server, I set everything up but after installing the mail server I got this:
Code:
✖ Local DNS (bind9) is not running ([Errno 111] Connection refused; port 53).
✖ Local DNS Control (bind9/rndc) is not running ([Errno 111] Connection refused; port 953).

Any idea?
Fixed it now and your email server is now running smoothly :).

Hi guys, I just started using Amazon SES yesterday, today one of my users got bounced with a valid email address, with the reason being:

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 592 Recipient does not accept mail from ******@amazonses.com (Mode: normal)

I fear a few more legitimate users will get incorrectly bounced by this, is there a way to prevent this?

Thanks.

Hi guys, I just started using Amazon SES yesterday, today one of my users got bounced with a valid email address, with the reason being:

I fear a few more legitimate users will get incorrectly bounced by this, is there a way to prevent this?

Thanks.
Uhhh...maybe they figure that there's a ton of spammers using Amazon SES and have it blocked in their MTA so that nobody from that domain can send email to them?
That's what that error is telling you... that the receivers MTA (whatever their email address is) does not welcome emails from any mail from anyone using the @ amazonses.com domain.... is that a sending email address you use (the amazonses.com domain)? Or does it send via your actual domain email address?

is that a sending email address you use (the amazonses.com domain)? Or does it send via your actual domain email address?
I have no idea how it all works, lol. I have my main domain email address set up in the admincp and use [bd]mails to send all my emails through Amazon SES. That's about all I know.:confused:

Doesn't seem viable to use SES unless you can somehow control the sendrate to conform to the SES limit per second. Some here in this thread said they had 14 and 28 per second allowed but XF can send far more than this rate. All those attempted above that rate in that second interval will be discarded by SES and XF won't know to retry them.

Reading through all this and the other add-on's mentioned none of them appear to control (throttle) the send rate per second to stay within the lines on SES.

Top Bottom