Resource icon

[InfisJSC] Topic (thread) starter's permissions 1.2.12

No permission to download
Errors on polls in 1.4b1, fix is to add the $poll parameter to the canEditPoll inherited function in /InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Thread.php, line 118

old code:
PHP:
  public function canEditPoll(array $thread, array $forum, &$errorPhraseKey = '', array $nodePermissions = null, array $viewingUser = null)
   {
     $response = parent::canEditPoll($thread, $forum, $errorPhraseKey, $nodePermissions, $viewingUser);
     return $this->_checkPermission($response, $viewingUser, $thread, $nodePermissions, 'tsRighTeditPoll');
   }

new code (two lines changed)
PHP:
  public function canEditPoll(array $poll, array $thread, array $forum, &$errorPhraseKey = '', array $nodePermissions = null, array $viewingUser = null)
   {
     $response = parent::canEditPoll($poll, $thread, $forum, $errorPhraseKey, $nodePermissions, $viewingUser);
     return $this->_checkPermission($response, $viewingUser, $thread, $nodePermissions, 'tsRighTeditPoll');
   }

Day 6 with server errors, and today RC2 is released. How long do we have to wait to have this add-on fixed?

Okay so this means?? he can moderate posts only he created right? and he can move it anywhere he wants?

this only works for threads the person created and doesnt mess with other right?

Yes. To do this, I wrote the addon.
Hi, I found these error, any help please ? :)

Code:
An exception occurred: Declaration of InfisJSC_TopicStarter_Model_Thread::canEditPoll() should be compatible with XenForo_Model_Thread::canEditPoll(array $thread, array $forum, &$errorPhraseKey = '', array $nodePermissions = NULL, array $viewingUser = NULL) in C:\xampp\htdocs\community\library\InfisJSC\TopicStarter\Model\Thread.php on line 219

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
XenForo_Autoloader::autoload() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
XenForo_Autoloader->autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1007
XenForo_Application::autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 521
XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass() in XenForo/Model.php at line 189
XenForo_Model::create() in NodesAsTabs/Model/Options.php at line 508
NodesAsTabs_Model_Options->getUnreadCount() in NodesAsTabs/NavTabs.php at line 165
NodesAsTabs_NavTabs::createNodeTabs()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 90
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php at line 493
XenForo_Dependencies_Public->_getNavigationContainerParams() in XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php at line 373
XenForo_Dependencies_Public->getEffectiveContainerParams() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 616
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:/xampp/htdocs/community/index.php at line 13

btw, I got this error by the time I was trying to login to my forum. (XF1.3.x)

Last edited:
hey,

the "Can view own threads" permission seems not to work for me. I have set the permission to revoke for a forum section and users are still able to see the own thread.

hey,

the "Can view own threads" permission seems not to work for me. I have set the permission to revoke for a forum section and users are still able to see the own thread.
Please provide an analysis of the permissions in this section: admin.php?permissions/analyze

Please provide an analysis of the permissions in this section: admin.php?permissions/analyze
Is that enough?
0Eh2R55.png

I set for group "Registered" permission "View thread content" to "Revoke".
And I set for group "Applications - Registered" permission "Can view own threads" to "Revoke".

A user who belongs to these groups can not view the contents of your thread. If I change permission "Can view own threads" to "Not set (No)", user can view your thread.

List of the threads is always available. While the node itself is available for viewing.

Perhaps you would like to hide themselves from the thread section? But this means staff XenForo impossible. Just hide the contents of threads available.

I'm not exactly sure what do you mean.

Btw, would it be possible to add the permission "Can view posts in own threads" to your addon?

Top Bottom