Resource icon

[InfisJSC] Topic (thread) starter's permissions 1.2.12

No permission to download
I test plugin on my server. I create new user with permissions as on screenshot. User not see moderation panel. User can edit and lock/unlock his thread through "Thread Tools" only.
Probably, your user is a member of the group with the permissions of a moderator or a moderator. You can analize permissions with http://yousite/admin.php?permissions/analyze

Probably, your user is a member of the group with the permissions of a moderator or a moderator.
Ni @infis .
Just a regular Registered Member.
9M2raIe.png

i1Oz1XB.png

qS7aUuh.png

NgIQtZM.png

4KeEdgA.png

I forgot to say, we only enable (lock/unlock own thread and manage own thread) for Established Member.

But normal registered member still see this option:
QfmFTF6.png

Video SS attached - https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/screencast-2016-02-24-114725-webm-zip.129252/
Your screenshot shows that the user has not have any permissions from plugin. Maybe another plug in any way to show moderation panel?
As I said earlier, I checked on the server settings such user permissions that you do.
If you want to give access to your admin panel. And I'll try to figure out what the problem is. I'm sure it's not because of my plugin.

I'm sorry. I can not reproduce your problem on my server. So I can not confirm the bug.
Perhaps there is a problem in working with other plugins, but my configuration there is no problem.

I need to use this only in a thread, someone can point me where I can put a conditional to make it work only on a specific thread id? Thank you

Permissions are node based. If user have permission "Manage (move and merge) own thread" in node, then user can move his thread to another node. In destination node user must have permission for create thread.

Any idea why permission options in a specific forum would still show up when the add-on is disabled? :/

It appears to be a conflict with the Change Author add-on. Is it safe to uninstall Topic Starter's Permissions?

@infis

To be more clear, it doesn't seem I can disable the add-on. It's currently marked as disabled, but is still active. I've tried toggling it on the add-on screen, tried disabling other add-ons then yours, to no avail.

Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 3.46.05 PM.webp

If I go to Node Tree > Specific Forum > Any Usergroup, I still see the add-ons permission options:

Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 3.47.23 PM.webp

It's as if it's enabled, but it shouldn't be. I haven't tested whether the permissions actually apply to the forum.

I did not notice the problem until I installed the Change Author add-on last night. The Change Author add-on threw an error, so I tried disabling various add-ons to see if it was a compatibility issue, which is when I discovered this issue.

I presently cannot disable Topic Starter Permissions. It's possible that this was pre-existing before I installed the Change Threads add-on - I don't know because I hadn't tried to disable this one before.

@infis

To be more clear, it doesn't seem I can disable the add-on. It's currently marked as disabled, but is still active. I've tried toggling it on the add-on screen, tried disabling other add-ons then yours, to no avail.

View attachment 135412

If I go to Node Tree > Specific Forum > Any Usergroup, I still see the add-ons permission options:

View attachment 135413

It's as if it's enabled, but it shouldn't be. I haven't tested whether the permissions actually apply to the forum.
It's bug of XenForo. Permissions are showing, but add-on is not working, if disabled.

It's bug of XenForo. Permissions are showing, but add-on is not working, if disabled.

Okay, that's what I was hoping rather than a more serious incompatibility.

Just to be clear, it is not normal for an add-on to display permissions but still be disabled, correct? The fact that it does in this case is a incompatibility/bug with your add-on or between your add-on and another?

Is this something I should report to Xenforo?

Sounds like it's safe to uninstall or leave "disabled" for now?

I don't know. XenForo's bug only in the fact that it shows them, although I must hide them. But this is only my opinion.
Sounds like it's safe to uninstall or leave "disabled" for now?
If you uninstall the add-on, the permissions of this add-on will be cleared. Therefore, when you reinstall them will need to be set again. When you disable add-on - permissions are preserved.

Last edited:
Top Bottom