Resource icon

[InfisJSC] Topic (thread) starter's permissions 1.2.12

No permission to download
infis updated [InfisJSC] Topic starter's permissions with a new update entry:

Fix bug

Fix error: 'Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Permission::hasContentPermission() must be of the type array, null given'.

Note: in addon the considerable part of a code which is responsible for check of permissions was rewritten. It was necessary to avoid different problems when for any reasons of permission weren't set, and also in case of interaction with other addons.

Read the rest of this update entry...

With the latest version I'm not getting errors anymore but this time the addon does not work at all :) At least the "edit first post" permission. That was the only one I use.

Thanks for the updates. I have no issue with the latest updates.

Is it possible to have "Edited by ...." under the posts which the thread owner edits?

Hello,
Is it possible to exclude certain usergroups from affected by this addon?
For example nobody can edit or delete moderators posts.

Let say starter can edit/delete any post in his thread, but I want to make admin/moderator posts immune from this edit/delete permission. So Starter will not be able to edit/delete posts by admin inside his thread.

In this case the addon actually allocates the author of a thread with powers of the moderator. Thus distinction between the moderator of the forum, for example, and the topic starter is erased.

I might be able to realize your wish to protect groups of users in future versions.

@infis With any forum, I setup Node permissions for Registered groups like image below (select Revoke or Never on Post new thread)

2014-02-20_162730-jpg.67715

When I'm using Admin account, I can not Move threads to this forum.

I got an error:

Move thread to destination forum is canceled

You are not have permissions to create new thread in destination forum: Idioms

Please fix this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom