XF 1.3 index.php

isaiahv

Hi,
I'm learning as I go, so forgive me for the rookie question. I've had my xenforo for about a month. I did a speed check the other day, and the software said that my home page goes to domain.com/index.php but should be going to domain.com.

I am using Godaddy. Is this something easy to fix? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,
I'm learning as I go, so forgive me for the rookie question. I've had my xenforo for about a month. I did a speed check the other day, and the software said that my home page goes to domain.com/index.php but should be going to domain.com.

I am using Godaddy. Is this something easy to fix? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
If you are not wanting to see the index.php enable friendly URL's. It requires you to use the .htaccess (the shipping htaccess.txt can usually just be renamed to .htaccess).

Now it is doing this

1413ea0b60daa749d8f5a9bb9181c866.png

What http server and what exactly is in your .htaccess?
Are you on a shared host or VPS/dedi?
Godaddy. I'm on shared host.

Inside the htaccess is this:

# Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
# cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
# SecFilterEngine Off
# SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 500 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On

# If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
# line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
# of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
#RewriteBase /xenforo

# This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
#RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

Pretty sure GoDaddy uses Apache for their shared hosting servers. That should be working fine and you should not be getting any redirects unless they have something else configured via their panel.

About a month ago. Issue started happening yesterday.
It's also working just fine for me from here with a Mac using Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Opera.
Totally shut your Safari down and then restart it (or use another browser). It appears to be something specific to your browser/computer.

It's also working just fine for me from here with a Mac using Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Opera.
Totally shut your Safari down and then restart it (or use another browser). It appears to be something specific to your browser/computer.

I think you are right, as I can't duplicate the problem from other browsers.

Top Bottom