Increased Activity Thanks to XenForo

Check out my forum activity stats over the past few years. Here are posts per day:

2013-02-23_1247.webp

And then conversation messages per day:

2013-02-23_1255.webp

I used vB up until May/June 2012. My site was hacked at that time (not because of vB, but a bad WordPress plugin). I was kind of shellshocked and my site was a mess at that point. I decided that vB wasn't cutting it and I'd try new software out, even at the expense of possibly not being able to import old posts/users and starting anew. I had nothing to lose at that point.

I also wanted to use different software to differentiate my site from the other sites in my niche, who all use either vB or myBB.

XenForo looked like the best option at the time, and I'm so glad I went with it. It gave almost instant life to my forums, as you can see. I was able to import my old content, which is great, but even if I couldn't I'd still have gone through with it. It's one of the best decisions I made for my site.

So, I just want to thank the people that make this software (Kier, Mike, Ashley, etc.) and develop add-ons for it. (Tag Me is an especially good add-on that I'd recommend to everyone.)

I'm really hoping the court case gets resolved soon and XF can move forward into the future!

Not the first time to read such happiness stories about changing to XF but it's always lovely to hear about. Yours is a good one!

Top Bottom