Fixed Incorrect link in "Please update your email" notice

thumped

Affected version
not a show-stopper, but:

1. This notice links to a nonexistent page:
Attempts to send emails to myotherwiseworking@email.address have failed. Please update your email.
Update your contact details
https://xenforo.com/community/account/contact-details

i.e. https://xenforo.com/community/account/contact-details instead of https://xenforo.com/community/account/account-details

2. The email address in question appears to be receiving mail from other senders without any difficulty.

2. The email address in question appears to be receiving mail from other senders without any difficulty.
You can inspect the email bounce log for more details about the failures in those cases. Almost certainly not a bug though.

You can inspect the email bounce log for more details about the failures in those cases. Almost certainly not a bug though.

It's email from xenforo.com that's apparently undeliverable to it.... i received the notification here. that #2 bit was just an FYI.

Well, we won't be sending emails from "xenforo.com" to your users, so that's not a factor.

You triggered too many bounces here because your mailbox quota was reached. From the log (anonymised):
Code:
procmail: Quota exceeded while writing "<path>"

Well, we won't be sending emails from "xenforo.com" to your users, so that's not a factor.

You triggered too many bounces here because your mailbox quota was reached. From the log (anonymised):
Code:
procmail: Quota exceeded while writing "<path>"
i think you misunderstand me - I'm not using xF2 yet. I got the notification (the one with the incorrect link - the subject of the bug report) here.

anyway the mailbox in question is automatically POP3'd by my main Gmail account every few minutes, leaving only the obvious spam behind, so only had a handful of messages in it. I dunno why it'd be saying quota exceeded for (i presume multiple) emails from here when i was able to send test messages to it (i mean it's a massive 10mb quota after all) but it's probably just one of those things that happens on mail servers that haven't been updated since the internet's jurassic period (about 2002).

I did initially think you may have been referring to a user on your own site, but even so, the reason your email bounced here is because we received notification several times (from your provider) that your mailbox quota had been exceeded. That will be a genuine bounce that we responded to by marking your user account as such.

I'm sorry, which template? How can I fix this myself?

Edit:
found the culprit.
Locate the template "notice_email_bounce" with the link from:
Code:
 <a href="{{ link('account/contact-details') }}">{{ phrase('update_your_contact_details') }}</a>
to
Code:
<a href="{{ link('account/account-details') }}">{{ phrase('update_your_contact_details') }}</a>
note: Change "contact" to "account"

Is there a particular reason you won't just upgrade? If you're still running XF 2.0.0 then we'd recommend upgrading as soon as possible to benefit from increased stability.

I know you've found the answer now, but generally we wouldn't provide support in back-porting fixes to older versions, so that's another good reason to ensure you're running the latest version.

Is there a particular reason you won't just upgrade? If you're still running XF 2.0.0 then we'd recommend upgrading as soon as possible to benefit from increased stability.

I know you've found the answer now, but generally we wouldn't provide support in back-porting fixes to older versions, so that's another good reason to ensure you're running the latest version.
That's a fair point. I guess I just haven't got around to it. It wasn't my top priority, I needed to fix my google apps quota over-usage. I certainly will though :)

Top Bottom