As designed Inconsistent Resource Activity

Jeremy

in memoriam 1991-2020
Sometimes displays viewing a resource, sometimes it doesn't. Not sure exact reproce cases, but it's happening here.

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 22
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    23 KB · Views: 23
It's the same for the tab on the profile page.

Edit: I originally thought it was referring to the resource count but after Chris' edit I now see it's related to the resource being viewed.

Sometimes displays a resource, sometimes doesn't. Not sure exact reproce cases, but it's happening here.
I think the simple answer is, I wasn't viewing a resource.

I was on the resource index.

The getSessionActivityDetailsForList function in the Resource controller checks the current activity params for a resource ID. If there isn't one (such as being on the resource index) or you don't have permission to view the resource then the phrase returned is simply "Viewing resource".

Yeah, sorry guys, was on the phone. Phrase duplication seems slightly off here to me.
(And I apologize to Mike for the vague report. I personally hate those when I get 'em.)

Chris's analysis is correct - we could potentially try to do more detailed analysis in the future, though the code may not totally support it (I'd have to check). I'd recommend suggesting that if it's important.

[offtopic]
It wasn't useless IMO:p
It is inconsistent, that messages, likes etc is shown, even the user has 0
But resources is shown only if the count is >1
[/offtopic]

Chris's analysis is correct - we could potentially try to do more detailed analysis in the future, though the code may not totally support it (I'd have to check). I'd recommend suggesting that if it's important.
Its not that important (AKA, I'll forget about it for a while until I notice it again).

Top Bottom