Inception movie

random

Hi,

Yesterday I bought Inception movie:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And to be honest, I didn't understood it at all :mad:
However many people says that this sci-fi movie is a masterpiece. Did you understood it?

Thank you,
Jonathan

i think nobody really understands it. not even the writers.
that being said, there is a personality type that will claim to understand it regardless.

I believe that the trick here is to try to understand each level of dream of each guy inside the movie. If we achieve that, then we will fully understand and enjoy the movie.

I believe that the trick here is to try to understand each level of dream of each guy inside the movie. If we achieve that, then we will fully understand and enjoy the movie.
Wait so none of it is real? Its just a dream? wow..

Wait so none of it is real? Its just a dream? wow..
The implication at the end of the movie (spoiler, select to view) [by virtue of the totem continuing to spin, is that even the 'reality' is just another level of dream, and that Cobb is in fact existing in some other's dreamspace.] Of course, whether that is true or not is down to your own interpretation.

I saw this movie a few weekends ago and I didn't get all of it.. My room mate explained that I just needed to watch it over a few times, so I am going to give it another couple of tries. :)

I did see another movie that Leonardo Dicaprio was in called Shutter Island, now that movie was great!

Jamie

I saw this movie a few weekends ago and I didn't get all of it.. My room mate explained that I just needed to watch it over a few times, so I am going to give it another couple of tries. :)

I did see another movie that Leonardo Dicaprio was in called Shutter Island, now that movie was great!

Jamie
Inception is an exceptional movie. You just need to watch very carefully and pay attention to details so you don't miss out on the shift in dream states. It's also of vital importance to understand that each time you descend a dream level, time accelerates, so almost the entire movie happens in the time it takes for the van to fall from the bridge to the water in the first dream level.

lol, Jonathan, see it again and concentrate well.
The beginning of the movie shows you how DiCaprio and his team are trying to steal an idea from Ken Watanabe and they fail.
So Ken Watanabe offers them a new job which is the rest of the movie.
They go down from a dream into another dream to reach deep so they can implant the idea by inspiration.

Please see it again, I can't stand you if you don't understand it :p

Here's a graph to easily understand the different levels of the dreams. Or maybe not.

ZZ79EABF11small.jpg

I'm not going to watch that graphic because it appears to be a spoiler!

I'll watch the movie again tonight. This time I'll make sure that I'm fully concentrated
tongue.png

Thanks!
Jonathan

I really liked the movie, but when it comes to movies about alternate realities (if you want to compare it on that level) nothing beats the mighty The Matrix (part 1). This is such a masterpiece and I believe it is the most enlightening movie that has ever been released on Earth. At least in the last 2 decades. It is literally mind-blowing this movie... the more your own consciousness grows, the better you will 'understand' this movie. Mind you... I still need much growth...
wink.png

I enjoyed it but didn't think it stacked up to some of the best films I've seen. I think that the concept is a great one to discuss but might not be most suitable one for a convincing movie. Casting might have been part of the problem as I didn't quite buy into Ellen Page's character, which seemed to focus more on her looking pretty than making me feel like there was some good reason to believe that she could construct these absurdly complex worlds on whim. The other issue is what Kier pointed out - there are subtleties in the details that are easily missed when the characters speak quickly during their scientific dialogues.

Coincidentally, De Caprio played almost the exact same character in Shutter Island. It's another entertaining film with great visuals but is the same situation with just a different path of arrival, perhaps even more straining to credibility once the genie is out of the bottle. :)

I really liked the movie, but when it comes to movies about alternate realities (if you want to compare it on that level) nothing beats the mighty The Matrix (part 1). This is such a masterpiece and I believe it is the most enlightening movie that has ever been released on Earth. At least in the last 2 decades. It is literally mind-blowing this movie... the more your own consciousness grows, the better you will 'understand' this movie. Mind you... I still need much growth... ;).
I beg to differ. :) The concept of The Matrix has been discussed before although they did a great job of creating superb visuals and a good story line around it. Personally I think that Dark City was a much more interesting and superior film that stayed true to its point. It's a sweet film that must be seen more than once to capture all of its subtleties and is a deep film.

The part in The Matrix that totally blew it for me -- what does Neo say when he thinks about what he needs to save Morpheus? "We need guns... lots of guns." My first thought was "What the... didn't we spend the entire movie talking about how guns are worthless and it's all about the power of your mind -- once you've mastered the Matrix you could outrun a bullet, etc.?" Unfortunately, the last third of the movie went Hollywood ending and the complete antithesis of the point of the movie. Neo dies (which meant he dies in real life) yet the Hollywood kiss revives him. But this was the Wachowski brothers (brother-sister?) trying to finagle in a whole bunch of metaphorical religious symbolism that doesn't belong, Trinity (G-d) kissing Neo (Christ and the redeemer) resulting in His resurrection. Yikes... :D

...Of course, whether that is true or not is down to your own interpretation.
aka 'lazy script-writing'. we cannot really follow our own plot well enough to find any holes, so we will cover all our bases by leaving it open to 'interpretation'.

This movie is like a Picasso... it all comes down to your own interpretation... The best movie i saw this year was a british movie call "Never let me go"... it was poetry... beautiful movie... i recommended

Top Bottom