Inception movie

This movie is like a product of Vanilla Sky and Shutter Island's marriage in the Cathedral of Matrix . How ironic that Pete Postlethwaite played his last role as a man on a deathbed. He will be greatly missed.

To me the plot is intriguing but goes far beyond my understanding of subconsciousness. Two things puzzle me: the stars above me and the world inside me. I can't fully grasp infinity.

An 18th-century German philosopher, Immanuel Kant once said: “Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me.”

For people that liked this movie can I also suggest Brad Anderson's "The Machinist". Now there's a movie where even the most ordinary background object has a baring on things.

For people that liked this movie can I also suggest Brad Anderson's "The Machinist". Now there's a movie where even the most ordinary background object has a baring on things.
Perhaps a bit long for the simple payoff... still this film was short enough at 101 minutes, has excellent acting, good dialogue, a memorable creepy aura and scenery along a ridiculously low budget that is far more than the sum of its parts. Good mention, excellent character driven film. For one of the all time low budget films, I'd recommend Pi.

I just saw Inception over the weekend for the first time and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was a very creative and different idea. It was a bit long, but I was watching from home. So all I had to do was pause it whenever I needed a new snack or beer :) Excellent movie.

this movie inspire me to listen more to my fav song
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Inception is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time and like others, 'got it' straight away. However as proved on here, the amount of people who didn't get it was surprising, from those overheard coming out of the theatre to family members who saw it separately.

Shutter Island, as others have said is also a great film and as with Inception leaves you thinking at the end!

I can also recommend the soundtrack for this film, its superb (assuming you like the music in the film, naturally!)

Another film I can recommend is Sunshine, seems to be another one that is a bit of a marmite film. Did OK at the box office but by all accounts, rather well in rental and has turned into somewhat of a cult film.

I remember watching it thinking it was a good move, but the premise of dreams within dreams was BS. Until 4 nights ago...

I was dreaming. And in the dream, I fell asleep and had a dream in the dream. I woke up and couldn't remember much more than that. That was a first for me. I've never been aware of having a dream within a dream before.

I remember watching it thinking it was a good move, but the premise of dreams within dreams was BS. Until 4 nights ago...

I was dreaming. And in the dream, I fell asleep and had a dream in the dream. I woke up and couldn't remember much more than that. That was a first for me. I've never been aware of having a dream within a dream before.
Quick, spin a spinning top and make sure it eventually stops... ;)

It's actually a very simple concept. The movie just presents and explains it in an overcomplicated manner. It's so complex and cool. :p

(parody)

This is the first thing I though of when I saw this thread...the movie was excellent, but when I see a clip from the movie or hear the title all I can think of the dude making the sound effects in that episode.

I just saw Inception over the weekend for the first time and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was a very creative and different idea. It was a bit long, but I was watching from home. So all I had to do was pause it whenever I needed a new snack or beer :) Excellent movie.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s14e10-insheeption

you should watch this :-) don't spit any brew out on yourself now.

A second watching of Inception proved much better than the first. I don't think it's a Top Ten film but it's a good one. The real problem is that the issues it deals with are complex and the characters speak far too quickly for any of it to be hear and to sink in with the first viewing. This way of life is already understood to them but not to the audience. The first time around I got the general concept but not all the subtleties needed to appreciate this film.

There are a couple of question marks I have with regard to inconsistencies or holes which might be explainable but are not obvious on the surface. Interesting film, production is extremely well done and good editing keeps the film moving. This is one of the rare instances where a 2 and 48 minute film would have been better being an extra five minutes longer - which probably wouldn't be an extra ten hours in the dream world. ;)

Shutter Island, as others have said is also a great film and as with Inception leaves you thinking at the end!
Shutter Island was a little too contrived for my liking although it was watchable. High production value although not a great film. Inception was far superior although Shutter Island had more "style."

Another film I can recommend is Sunshine, seems to be another one that is a bit of a marmite film. Did OK at the box office but by all accounts, rather well in rental and has turned into somewhat of a cult film.
With this one I couldn't disagree more. My only thought after seeing this film was "What the hell was this confused mess?" Personally I actually like Vegemite despite being from the opposite side of the planet but this film was incomprehensible. What was the point of that absurd exercise that departs from science and even from the limited plot? Great visual effects but the screen writer (and those approving this film) were clearly on a hallucinogen.

With this one I couldn't disagree more. My only thought after seeing this film was "What the hell was this confused mess?" Personally I actually like Vegemite despite being from the opposite side of the planet but this film was incomprehensible. What was the point of that absurd exercise that departs from science and even from the limited plot? Great visual effects but the screen writer (and those approving this film) were clearly on a hallucinogen.
Like I said, it does split opinion.

As far as the science goes, it was reasonably accurate - apart from the bit about re-igniting the star! ;)

Like I said, it does split opinion.
As far as the science goes, it was reasonably accurate - apart from the bit about re-igniting the star! ;)
Forget opinion, what was it? Yes, I got the part about re-igniting the star but what was everything leading up to it? It wasn't a character piece because we'd know a lot more about the people and their background if it was. We knew next to nothing about any of them nor did we care, just a few interesting characteristics. If it was about what it's like to be in space for a long time, then perhaps "Moon" would be a far better movie to watch or any of a dozen that explore this issue. Now about half-way through there is a twist that is a major WTF moment which defies science in every way and you *know* what I'm talking about! :) That's when the movie then became something completely different and completely preposterous. Then there is the utter stupidity of the navigation computer which doesn't know how to rotate panels when absolutely necessary (or warn them prior to pulling the trigger) but it can lockout manual override because that is a necessity. Then there is the little issue of not being able to say "Sir, I don't know how to tell you this but while I report on all of YOUR bodily functions and the fact that you're dying, I can't quite explain some other things going on that are of monumental importance so I won't even to mention them." What was the point in that whole plot twist? I also noticed several subliminal cuts where photos of some guy screaming in what looked like fire are imposed between scenes. Alrighty then, we've tried all the cheap tricks so what's next?

Rarely have I ever thought "wow... I really want those 2 hours of my life back" in addition to "what a colossal waste of acting talent." I'm willing to hear what people thought was so great about this film but want to know what was the point of *this* journey?

lol, sometimes I feel people do analyse films a bit too much, perhaps I was a sun-god worshiper in a previous life - who knows. I just enjoyed the film! If you disect every film, there's always plot holes or obvious things that go unanswered. To a degree you just have to accept them and go with the flow. Its one of the rare films I can easily watch time and time again. Perhaps its the CGI, perhaps is the sun thing, perhaps I just enjoy the story. Perhaps its because Brian Cox did the scientific documentary track (well worth listening to if you have the DVD / Blu Ray).

I can't put my finger on what it was, neither can my wife who enjoys it as much as I do - I just enjoyed the film and do every time I watch it.

Like I said, sometimes, people do over analyse a film instead of sit there and just enjoy it. Yes, I do spot things in a film and sometimes as slinky points out, they are gaping holes in the story or actions you don't agree with - 'why did they do that?' moments etc..

Sometimes they ruin the film for me too - Sunshine was not one of those films for me though.

For me, I was able to suspend my disbelief of a number of oddities and go with the story up until "the twist." Once that predictably happened, it went all derivative and predictably ever after. I didn't think that part was done well at all and seemed to defy science, logic and the flow of the film. In contrast, many people thought Solaris was boring and not a great film but I enjoyed that more than this one. Interesting. I'd probably see if I could find the disc to hear the documentary portion (I only saw the movie.)

...by the end I couldn't care less who lived or died or which freakin' reality we were in!

I'm a movie buff through and through but Inception left me cold.

Top Bottom