1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inbox By Gmail

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Chris D, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I'm always looking for new ways to manage my e-mail better. The Mailbox app has helped no end. My Inbox is never at zero, but it does enable me to filter out the non-important stuff and have a start reminder of all the things I have outstanding.

Just heard about Inbox by Gmail.

There's an article about it here: http://9to5mac.com/2014/10/22/googles-new-inbox-app-is-a-marriage-between-gmail-and-google-now/

If anyone has any spare invites, please do let me know if you have a couple spare. I'll naturally do the same if I get any in the future.

HenrikHansen likes this.
  2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Looks really cool, can't wait to try it out.
    Chris D likes this.
  3. Jesepi

Jesepi Well-Known Member

It would be really interesting if they continued to build on this functionality and come out with an actual desktop client to directly compete with Microsoft Outlook and Lync for business use.
  4. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Waiting for invitation.
    This sounds like a direct competition product of Mailbox app which I installed and removed after a few days.
  5. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

6. JulianD

JulianD Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for an invite as well. If anyone has a spare one, I would be happy to receive it!
  7. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

I emailed them to request an invite. I would like one as well if anyone can. Once I get in I'll invite some people as well.
  8. Chris D

Yeah I did last night. Was hoping some of these fabled existing testers might be among us :D
    Daniel Hood likes this.
  9. Veer

Veer Well-Known Member

I also emailed to Google for an Invite, Let's see :)
  10. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

I got my invite last night and was playing around with it, and I'm liking it a lot (especially on phone).

I promised some invites to some friends, but if I have a spare I'll send you one Chris.
    Chris D likes this.
  11. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

12. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

13. Aayush

Aayush Well-Known Member

Emailed Google for an invite. Hope I get one soon (y), if I do, I'll be sure to send one to you Chris as well.
  14. Dakota Storm

Dakota Storm Well-Known Member

Could I request one as well, please?
  15. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

16. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

I just got my invite from someone...

I'll send you one when I get some, although I'm wondering if forwarding my invite email will work even though I've 'used' it.

Aayush and Chris D like this.
  17. Goodfella

Goodfella Active Member

Ill take a invite if anyone can spare one.
  18. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

19. Chris D

Was that from a friend, Bob? Or direct from Google? If the latter, when did you ask for an invite?

Just wondering if they've simply started churning them out now?
  20. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Direct from Google (I emailed a request Wed morning when I first heard about it). Trying to find out if it comes with additional invites or not.