Inbox By Gmail

For those still waiting....

Selection_402.webp

I am on the fence with the inbox app. Submitted for the invite a couple weeks ago. Just installed the ota image for Android 5 Lollipop yesterday on my Nexus 5 and love the new gmail app and the whole material design in general.

Here's an Inbox FAQ:
https://support.google.com/inbox/answer/6098273

I want to mark emails as read, several at a time. I don't see that option in Inbox.

If you mark it as done, it archives it, and if you want to unarchive, you have to click undone one at a time instead of doing it in batch. To do it in batch, you gotta login to gmail. Man I don't even see where to unarchive emails in gmail either. I was only able to "un-done" aka "un-archive" emails that were marked as important by moving them back to the inbox.

I haven't used Inbox now since I flashed the android lollipop image once the releases became available. The new gmail app which also took over the native email app works pretty good. It also has the full material design to it.

I think the Inbox app has potential but the multiselect is one of the shortcomings.

I haven't used Inbox now since I flashed the android lollipop image once the releases became available. The new gmail app which also took over the native email app works pretty good. It also has the full material design to it.

I think the Inbox app has potential but the multiselect is one of the shortcomings.
Inbox will probably end up like Google Wave, where it'll be ambitious and have some great innovative features, but will likely not be widely adopted. Chances are though a lot of the features will then be incorporated into other products like has happened with Google+, Google Docs, GMail and Hangouts.

You are right. I signed when the debuted and just got the welcome email today. Have been using it on a regular gmail account since day 1.

You are right. I signed when the debuted and just got the welcome email today. Have been using it on a regular gmail account since day 1.
I'm using it on my personal email but would love to have my work email going to it. I had my boss apply as soon as I found out it was open to gapps.

I'm using it on my personal email but would love to have my work email going to it. I had my boss apply as soon as I found out it was open to gapps.
I still use the Gmail app on my android phone for the work/mail email (Google Apps). Maybe I'm used to it but is there any guide on how to make the most out of the Inbox app/web?

You are right. I signed when the debuted and just got the welcome email today.
I got my invite to my Google Apps account yesterday too. I forgot I'd signed up for it when it was only available to regular Gmail accounts.

I still use the Gmail app on my android phone for the work/mail email (Google Apps). Maybe I'm used to it but is there any guide on how to make the most out of the Inbox app/web?
There's a short video that you should have received an email about.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can I use Inbox by Gmail on my computer?
Yes. Inbox works best if you use it everywhere you check your emails. Open inbox.google.com in your favourite browser.

How do I add a Reminder?
Tap the red create button in the bottom-right corner, then tap the blue Reminder icon.

One thing I'm not keen on is it takes 2 taps from Inbox to delete an email. Ticking 'done' to remove an email doesn't delete it, it's the same as archiving an email in Gmail, so it's still available in All Mail. I prefer deleting the stuff I don't want to keep. It seems they want you to keep all emails, probably for datamining purposes.

Ticking 'done' to remove an email doesn't delete it, it's the same as archiving an email in Gmail, so it's still available in All Mail. I prefer deleting the stuff I don't want to keep. It seems they want you to keep all emails, probably for datamining purposes.
Never understood the idea behind that, it should go into the trash/bin

The fact that people need a guide for something that should be simple and intuitive is a clear indication for a failed concept. Imho, Inbox is overhyped and its usefulness is questionable.

I tried it for a while, but went back to normal GMail.

Top Bottom