Lack of interest Improvements in the UI: the buttons/icons: lightbox icon

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Grover

I agree with some of the sentiments/feedback that has been given here:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/rework-the-flow-layout-and-phrasing.86906/

With the Xenforo forum product everything is completely clear from the first time you start to use the product. It has a truly outstanding UI (and therfore UX), compared to other forum products on the market.

One can see that the XFMG is a separately developed product, since in some parts one misses the consistency with the (again: outstanding) UI of the main forum product. I assume overtime this will be fixed, now the XFMG is an official product that needs to fit in with the overal UI experience.

One of these things is this: the lightbox icon.

Photo 22-11-14 23 33 08 - v2.webp

Here you see it presented in the XFMG to the enduser as an [Image] icon: clicking on it actually opens a lightbox instead of an [Image] insert dialogue, which you expect seeing such a button.

We expect this, partly because the main XF forum product uses almost the exact same icon for exactly that purpose. As you can see here in the editor:

22-11-2014 23-44-03 - v2.webp

Bottom line: for consistency reasons and making the (already quite convultated) XFMG interface a bit less confusing the suggestion would be to change this icon in the XFMG interface.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
To add to the above, I would like to share this:

displaying individual media - confusing image button used twice.webp

As the screenshot says: 2 exact similar buttons on the same screen having a totally different function. Obviously, this is a no-go for UI/UX reasons.

I assume (did not use the MG before as a standalone product) this is because this product was added to XF later and therefor we see these inconsistencies?

Top Bottom