Lack of interest Improve the experience when processing large threads

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Stuart Wright

My moderators have complained that it can take an extraordinary long time to process thread deletes. I understand moves can be similarly painful. 10 minutes plus to move a 6000 post thread.
Can this process be improved perhaps in a combination of optimisation and some updating status display?
Thanks

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I appreciate that I'm doing a contrived test here, but actually I'm not seeing anything like that - I've removed a 6000+ post thread very quickly. My test surely isn't scientific, but looking at a soft delete, the significant post-level information updated relates to:
  • post counts
  • like counts
  • search index
Those elements involve either getting data from the posts in the thread or the IDs so there could be some effect there, but it shouldn't take that long.

The other possibility would be add-on related.

Ok Mike, I'll get back to you if I may, once we have installed Elastic and indexed the search :eek:
I'm hoping it's that which is causing the performance issue.
Thanks

Top Bottom