1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

improve search engine

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by UMILE, Nov 4, 2014.

1. UMILE

UMILE Member

Good evening, I tried successfully adon livesearch, very nice, but it would be even better if instead of looking only in the post titles, also tried in the message body, he found even parts of words and ignored sybol as hyphens (-) and slashes (/)

Why php add-on do not provide sophisticated search engines?
    I tried several add-on but nobody looking good in the text of the post.
    I purchased xenForo but the search engine is disappointing.

help me to solve the search engine problem

This is very important in our forum because some people write, for example, or BN94-00276A, BN9400276A, many search engines take account of this thing it easier to find and adapt to each individual user
    Our forum deals with assistance of electronic devices such as, TV sets and others, there are many codes of boards, models and versions have an efficient search engine can help when other models use the same boards and manufacturers

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  2. UMILE

UMILE Member

do not know what to think, I am sorry for my English, I did not understand, the questions are too difficult or no one understood what I wrote. :confused:

3. nodle

nodle Well-Known Member

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You posted it as a suggestion, not as a question/support thread.

5. Infopro

Infopro Active Member

Searching *this* forum for those examples, this very thread comes right up. It's the only result.

6. UMILE

UMILE Member

Sorry Brogan. Can you move this thread in the right section? please?

7. UMILE

UMILE Member

if you search *this* , ....the search engine is not related posts.

8. UMILE

UMILE Member

Sorry, but I repeat the question, I tried successfully the ad-on livesearch, is very nice, is wonderful in the search box of the titles, can I expand the search it for the message body too?
    This would be the solution of our problems

9. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are you looking to get support for an add-on or XenForo? If it's for the add-on, you need to post in the specific discussion thread for it.

Amaury likes this.
  10. UMILE

UMILE Member

Thank you very much Jeremy, your are right, can you move this thread in that section? Or is better to open a new post?

11. UMILE

UMILE Member

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  12. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member