Lack of interest Improve Promotions |Automatic Demotions

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Enguerran A

1/ I think that a new rule based on time should be added to the promotion system. Basically it would be quite the same as the one in relation to the date of subscription but without taking care of this date. This rule has to be into the users group options and has to take care of the two options, if the usr is in a group and if he's not.

For example, It could be possible to promote people if, they have 100 messages AND are in a special group for at least 10 days.

2/ Promotions are great but I didn't find the way to remove a group once it was added to a user.
With an automatic demotion system, we could have, for example, a special anniversary group which allows users to werite in a special color, have a nice username and so on, and then, the day after that, remove this promotion and set him to his previous group.

With the time option I proposed at the top, it would be possible to demote this user if he has less than 100 messages if he's in his new group for at least 10 days.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
But what if you create a group with custom css, something like "Featured User", and want this group to last 1 mounth, 1 week etc... ? It's currently impossible to demote users belonging to this secondary group due to the fact that there is no criteria entered within this group.

My goal is to create a special group "Hot User" winnable if you write a lot's of messages on a regular basis and to remove this group if you are not. In this case I need a new time rule :) [edit] but no demotion, you are right. A ratio messages/time would be the most suited here.

But, have a look here : "If user 1 is in group A for at least 10 days and write 100 messages Then User 1 join Group B. If he's in group B for at least 5 days and write less than 75 messages, he left Group B and return to Group A".
In this case, I definitly need a demotion system because the criteria to stay in Group B are not the same as to join Group B.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll try with the CTA addon but I think that it would be added in core. I just entered 3 examples but I'm sure there is plenty more.

If a user doesn't meet the criteria, they are automatically removed.
But only if automatically promoted?
My understanding is that I cannot manually promote/add a user to a user group, and then have a user group promotion remove them?
For example .... manually put a sponsor into a sponsors user group, but have a user group promotion that would automatically remove them if they haven't posted in the last 2 months?

My understanding is that I cannot manually promote/add a user to a user group, and then have a user group promotion remove them?
If they don't meet the criteria for a promotion, it is only removed if they have been awarded it (automatically).

You if you can define your criteria for a promotion, you could theoretically do something like: if the user is in the Sponsors group and <criteria for not being in "good standing">, add them to "Sponsors (Inactive)" (group named as you wish). Using that group, you could then remove certain permissions (with Never).

If they don't meet the criteria for a promotion, it is only removed if they have been awarded it (automatically).

You if you can define your criteria for a promotion, you could theoretically do something like: if the user is in the Sponsors group and <criteria for not being in "good standing">, add them to "Sponsors (Inactive)" (group named as you wish). Using that group, you could then remove certain permissions (with Never).

This solution is proving difficult, since a sponsor is a member in the sponsors user group but to confirm if they indeed are, I have to correlate that user group membership against membership of the Inactive Sponsor usergroup. Much harder than it should be.

Anyone have a solution to remove a member from a user group they were manually added to, when they don't meet a set criteria (eg. not posts in last 2 months).

Thanks.

Top Bottom