1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lucas, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

So... I was maybe thinking about working on the spanish translation of XenForo when I remembered "Oh hey! Xen domain names". Well, it was 4 days too late. You'll notice all the fans and crazy people like the rest of us have already jumped into the boat as soon as they saw Xen.

Domains taken so far that I've noticed:

These are just a few, what's left? Oh... and, we'll also have to see how many of all those will actually be developed or left to rot. :(

Go peeps! ;P
  2. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

You can add XenFx.net ;)
  3. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

or xenforo.es ... ;)
  4. RickM

RickM Well-Known Member

I've got about 10 - a couple of which are in your list :)

But remember all 'Xen' domains are likely gone anyway. Xen Virtualization (xen.org) is hugely popular.

Oh, and dont worry...I didnt buy mine just to sit on them and be a pesky domainer - I have plans :)
    KURTZ likes this.
  5. Nix

Nix Well-Known Member

I think most people probably have plans :)
    KURTZ likes this.
  6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

xenFans and xenAddict are both already in operation.
  7. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Comon guy's let's respect their copyright and not register any domain with the word xenforo just in it ie xenforo.tld.
  8. Eric

Eric Active Member

xenhacks.com is already taken, aww :'(
  9. PixelFX

PixelFX Member

Add these to list, added them last week. We've already started working on conversion code. Once things go live.

- xenpoints.com
    - xenmarket.com
    - xencredits.com
    - xfpoints.com
    - xfcredits.com
    - xfcommerce.com

to the list above, and 8 other domains lol.
  10. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Indeed they are :D
  11. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

I'm also thinking like the rest, and still looking for a suitable domain related to XF :confused:
  12. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

that's for sure! :D
  13. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

why not Brandon? :confused: if i don't catch a domain now, someone catch it tomorrow ... and you perfectly know that the xeforo's domains are the better (if you have plans) ... LOL
  14. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I don't mean the domain you registers as they seem legit and could even have a nice ROI on xenforo i mean domains with xenforo alone in it like xenforo.eu as these could become official sites later on and don't want to hinder that :p
  15. RickM

RickM Well-Known Member

Personally I got 'xfmods' because:

A) 'xf' is shorter
    B) I strongly believe that 'xf' will be the widely used abbreviation. Nobody is going to say Xen as there are a bunch of other Xen's out there.
    C) Its short, catchy, etc.

I did pick up 'xenforummods.com' which will obviously redirect to the shorter domain.

Cant see the point in sites going live yet though....anything you need is here, there's nothing a fansite can provide at the moment (well....other than those rather nice looking sigs :p)
  16. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

I would point out that XenForo is our trademark, and we are obliged to protect its use.

Domains using derivations of the name XFCows or XenRandomization are fine.
    Tim, Dean and Mikey like this.
  17. Eric

Eric Active Member

Hmm. "Cow Density" in another thread, now "XFCows" - do you like Cows Kier? :p
  18. Derek Ivey

Derek Ivey Member

He must lol.
  19. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Well actually, it's XF, no xf. ;)
  20. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I picked up a few domains, but I won't be able to do much with them until the software is actually released. All of them are 1-year registrations, so those that I don't end up using I'll just let lapse. :)