XF 1.1 Importing Wordpress into Xenforo

akia

Has anyone got any ideas of how best to import my wordpress site into Xenforo.

I just want my posts to go into my forum as threads.

I've tried using Vb impex as a go between but not having any luck with that as its not been updated to the new wordpress.

So now I'm stuck, and I don't want to have to do a copy and paste job. So any suggestions welcome!

In the absense of a direct importer for wordpress I would suggest vB. Assuming the schema changes aren't significant, it shouldn't be too difficult to update the existing wordpress system in impex to accommodate your version.

How big is your wordpress database? If you give me a copy then I can try to make it work.

In the absense of a direct importer for wordpress I would suggest vB. Assuming the schema changes aren't significant, it shouldn't be too difficult to update the existing wordpress system in impex to accommodate your version.

How big is your wordpress database? If you give me a copy then I can try to make it work.
Its 19mb about 1200 articles.

If you don't mind that would be amazing, i've been going round in circles for days.

Hi! I've stumbled into the same problem lately. Could you please share any result's you've got on converting wordpress posts to XenForo threads?

There were a couple bugs in the ImpEx Wordpress system I had to fix, and it was still quirky and required some manual queries after the import was done. But I got it working. I can look at your import if you give me a copy of your database.

Is it possible to import articles into a specified forum and the comments retain their names but be shown as Guests?

That's what I do when I import from Wordpress. I run some queries to convert the articles to forum threads. Yes, it is possible to run a query to remove the user associations on those threads so they are posted by guests while still retaining the usernames. I can do this for you if you give me a copy of your WP database.

I seem to remember that the importer brought over articles without any comments attached. Or maybe the source db simply had no comments in the articles. It's something to be aware of... that the importer might not do comments.

I realy like to import my database too :D

Same for you. I can do the import if you give me a copy of your WP database.

That's what I do when I import from Wordpress. I run some queries to convert the articles to forum threads. Yes, it is possible to run a query to remove the user associations on those threads so they are posted by guests while still retaining the usernames. I can do this for you if you give me a copy of your WP database.

I seem to remember that the importer brought over articles without any comments attached. Or maybe the source db simply had no comments in the articles. It's something to be aware of... that the importer might not do comments.
Sent! Thank you very much.

I too would like to import some wordpress posts to xf.
So far I have 135 from an RSS feed.
What would I need to do if I use impex first?

The Wordpress system in ImpEx has a lot of problems. It doesn't import comments to articles so you have to do that manually. And the system fails to create the importid columns in the database so you have to do that manually. Given these problems it might almost be easier to write a new direct importer to go from WP to XF. I just like using vB because I know it so well.

From my notes, to import users and articles (as threads) from Wordpress this is the process:

1) Install vB4 and ImpEx.

2) Select the WPCMS for the source system and the vB4 CMS for the target.

3) Run the first module (check / update tables). If that completes successfully then run these queries to create the importid columns which ImpEx fails to create:

Code:
ALTER TABLE cms_article ADD importcmscontentid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

ALTER TABLE cms_node ADD importcmsnodeid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

ALTER TABLE cms_nodeinfo ADD importid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

4) Run the user module to import the users. Don't bother with the article module as it doesn't do the comments, and has some strange batch processing issues. You will import the articles manually.

5) Close out the import by clicking the "database cleanup" link at the top. Select the option to delete the session to close it out.

6) Copy these two tables from the Wordpress database to the vB database:

wp_posts
wp_comments

7) Run these queries to manually import the articles/comments as threads/posts:

Code:
INSERT INTO thread (threadid, title, forumid, open, postuserid, dateline, visible)
	SELECT ID, post_title, 2, 1, (SELECT userid FROM user WHERE importuserid = wp_posts.post_author AND wp_posts.post_author > 0), UNIX_TIMESTAMP(post_date), 1
	FROM wp_posts
	WHERE post_type = 'post';

INSERT INTO post (postid, threadid, username, userid, dateline, pagetext, visible)
	SELECT comment_ID, comment_post_ID, comment_author, (SELECT userid FROM user WHERE importuserid = wp_comments.user_id AND wp_comments.user_id > 0), UNIX_TIMESTAMP(comment_date), comment_content, 1
	FROM wp_comments;

INSERT INTO post (threadid, username, userid, dateline, pagetext, visible)
	SELECT ID, '', (SELECT userid FROM user WHERE importuserid = wp_posts.post_author AND wp_posts.post_author > 0), UNIX_TIMESTAMP(post_date), post_content, 1
	FROM wp_posts
	WHERE post_type = 'post';

8) Run the various counters in vB, especially usernames, thread info, forum info, and post counts:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters

That should result in all of the articles being in the default Main Forum (forumid 2). From there you can import to XF using the vB4 importer:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vbulletin-4-importer-to-xenforo-1-1.23674/

Each import is a little different, but this is the general process I followed for akia, lucas, and hugo in this thread. I can do yours if you give me a copy of your database.

I don't have any comments, so that may not be too bad.
This is a good start. Let me try to do it myself and if I run into problems I'd like to take you up on your offer.
Thanks!

I don't have any comments, so that may not be too bad.

Same process still.

The WP importer in ImpEx doesn't do comments, but even if you don't need comments you probably still want to run the manual queries to import the articles as threads. Otherwise the article module in the WP system imports articles as articles, and you probably don't want your articles in the vBCMS. This is assuming you want the articles to eventually be threads on your XF forum in which case you should run the manual queries to import the articles as threads, something that the WP import system doesn't do.

Excellent! Thank you.
I found it easier to reinstall vB4 without a prefix.
Only thing is my import all have html markup.

<b>BMW</b> confirms that the <b>M135i</b> will be sold in the U.S.
Is there something that will scrub the html and convert to bbcode?

And

Code:
Are the boffins that have decided not to sell the M135 hatch in the US the same idiots that have decided small diesels won't sell here (while VW/Audi is kicking <b>...</b><br><a style="color:#228822" href="http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&amp;q=http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11807411&amp;ct=ga&amp;cad=CAcQARgBIAEoBDAAOABA08mQ_QRIAlgAYgVlbi1VUw&amp;cd=sakfGRLUvwc&amp;usg=AFQjCNFNFaDm1dXJvc4DYH_0gBOiRhgxDw" title="http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11807411">www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11807411</a>

Sorry to bumping this thread.

After successfully import wp to vb, how do I import vb to xf? In this case, xf database is not empty (forum with users, threads, posts, etc)

Top Bottom