XF 1.4 importing our vb3.7 to xf1.4.2

Ian S

hello again doing alot with this atm so please forgive me for all the questions lol:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
right i tried to us the importer i read how to do it, but i cant get it to import as i get a error, we had a import done ages ago but i want to get it more update date, i filled all parts in ie database name, sysql user, pass etc didnt put anything in table prefixs or bottom line but it says this

Error
The source database connection details are not correct: No such file or directory:cry::cry::cry::cry:

both sites share the server and phpmyadmin, the database for xf is there and vb is there but they both seperate

any help apprec(y)

Last edited:
The details you have entered for the source (vB) are not correct.

What are you entering for each field (you can omit the password field) and where are vB and XF installed?

thanx as always brogan this is how i filled it in

MySQL Server: localhost
MySQL Port: 3306
MySQL User Name: forum
MySQL Password:
MySQL Database Name: forum
Table Prefix:

in phpmyadmin our vb db is called forum our xf db is called ****_xf

i have a callback php script on the vb site with the user and password etc as below

<?php
//###########################################################
//
//
// This script recalls the latest posts from MySQL, parses them with vB's parser and outputs the lot.
// It checks viewing permissions on an individual level.
//###########################################################
// (This file needs to live in the /boards/ directory)

// adjust hour by:
$time_adjust = 0;

// how often (in seconds) to refresh the live forum page ?
$refresh = "100";

// how many recent posts to show ?
$showposts = "40";

// how many posts to pull from database ? typically double $showposts because there's the chance that our user may not be allowed to see half of them!
$readposts = "60";

// where is our MySQL ?
$db_host = "localhost";

// forum database:
$db_name = "forum";

// username:
$db_user = "forum";

// pasword:
$db_pw = "removed *****";

so i presume ive got the right passes etc for vb

The user name and password are correct, otherwise you would get this error: "The source database connection details are not correct: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)".

I am unable to trigger the error you receive though.

If the DB name is incorrect it should be: "The source database connection details are not correct: Unknown database 'name'"

If the DB is present but isn't a valid 3.7 DB, it's: "The table prefix or database name is not correct.".

I'll need to dig into the code to see when and why that error message is displayed.

ive tried everything and im at a lost now, the strange thing is when someone built the xf site they did a import from our current vb site all the threads and users are there but obviously some functions arent as vb is different to xf, ive tried all passwords, the strange thing is there both on the same server and both visible easily in phpmyadmin, i tried doing it on the offline version and still got the same error too

The error usually implies the socket doesn't exist where expected (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...on-not-working-2002-no-such-file-or-directory). This is configured directly via PHP, but if you're using localhost for your XF install, I don't know why that would work but not your import source. Regardless, using 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost should workaround it.

hi mike i get this error with that which is the same as brogan got

Error
The source database connection details are not correct: Access denied for user 'forum'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

update i tried that on the offline version and got the error above but i tried it on the live site and got this

Configure Importer: vBulletin 3.7/3.8
MySQL Server:
MySQL Port:
MySQL User Name:
forum
MySQL Password:
removed
MySQL Database Name:
forum
Table Prefix:
Force Character Set:
Attachments or avatars are being stored in the file system. Please confirm the path to these.
Attachments Directory:/var/www/vhosts/****.org/httpdocs/attachments

and then validate configuration button underneath is this going to work now???

ok hit the button and got this now

Server Error
file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/vhosts/****.org/httpdocs/attachments) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/dev.****.org/:/tmp/:/var/www/vhosts/****.org/httpdocs/)

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. file_exists() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 153
  3. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->validateConfiguration() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 31
  4. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->configure() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 76
  5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionConfig() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/dev.****.org/httpdocs/admin.php at line 1377
ive checked and they exist already on the server if i backup/delete this will it work, if it fails anytime later im DEAD lol

you must be able to overwrite the existing backup

hmm its on the host im not sure if i can change the setting in that file where would it be and what would i need to change to include the directory

thanx again for everyones help

ok im back laptop was kapput anywayz this is whats at line 153 in the error

if (!file_exists($config['attachmentPath']) || !is_dir($config['attachmentPath']))

i cant find the open_basedir to edit

anyone help thanx

i also tried changing the folder to another and got the same error, i need to import asap all help is appreciated

open_basedir is a php.ini or VHost setting. You need root-level access to change it in most cases. Only your host can do that.

Alternatively, you can copy your attachments to a different path that is within the open_basedir limits (or move attachments into the database).

is there a tut for this mike???
By copying the files, I just mean copying the directories that contain the source forum's attachments to somewhere that PHP can access. You just need to enter that path into the XF importer.

Alternatively, you can put your attachments back into the DB in your source forum and that eliminates the file path issue.

Top Bottom