XF 1.4 importing our vb3.7 to xf1.4.2

Ian S

hello again doing alot with this atm so please forgive me for all the questions lol:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
right i tried to us the importer i read how to do it, but i cant get it to import as i get a error, we had a import done ages ago but i want to get it more update date, i filled all parts in ie database name, sysql user, pass etc didnt put anything in table prefixs or bottom line but it says this

Error
The source database connection details are not correct: No such file or directory:cry::cry::cry::cry:

both sites share the server and phpmyadmin, the database for xf is there and vb is there but they both seperate

any help apprec(y)

Last edited:
ok right got the attachments copied and it still came up with the same error, so as i now have host access i turned back on the open_basedir on both sites and then told it where to find the location and hey presto its started importing, now the site did already have a import so will i still need to use the 301 redirection or is it in place already as we had a import before,, also if i need help redirecting can i ask for more help thanks(y)

ok mate well ive got duplicates then could you briefly explain what tables i need to drop, obviously some parts of the db have xf in them so i cant drop the complete main table can i

• To completely remove any data related to an import, in order to do it again for example, the original XenForo database must be restored and all avatars and attachments must be deleted from the data and internal_data directories.

• i dont really want to install a full copy of xf from scratch as theres bespoke stuff on the dev xf site, where would i find it all?? also we have a home page which i cant find on the server so that must be in the current database wont it??

Last edited:
im sorry brogan matey for all the questions but i want to learn so i can do stuff myself in the end the server takes a backup itself everynight ive just downloaded it from the server, but that backup has the previous import on it, if i can strip the previous import and data somehow without removing the bespoke stuff that would be cool

i know you guys are very busy and im not a complete noob but once ive learned it then i can keep on top of it, your help is always appreciated (y)

hi all just to let you know im importing a fresh import and yes brogan i followed your guide, so thanks i may have problems down the road but ill find out soon,

OFF TOPIC our original dev site had some bespoke stuff done would all that work be kept in the addon and the templates they created??

Once installed, configure the software as required; whether that be importing a style or creating your own, installing any add-ons, setting the options in the ACP, configuring permissions, etc

ok brogan, could i do a partial import ie just usergroups and node tree can i do a master at that point then import fresh after??

would i duplicate the nodes or i can just not import them the 2nd time

Top Bottom