MG 1.1 Importing from vBulletin 3 PhotoPost

Jake B.

I'm helping someone import from vBulletin 3 with PhotoPost, I'm not familiar with PhotoPost and am having some issues:
  1. I don't see PhotoPost listed in the installed products in the vBulletin AdminCP (but on the frontend they have the "Photo Sharing Gallery by PhotoPost"
  2. There are two options for PhotoPost (Photopost - vBGallery for vBulletin & Photopost - vBulletin). Not sure the difference between these, or how I can tell which is which since it's not showing up in the list of installed products in the AdminCP
  3. Figuring I'd figure it out one way or another via errors and then trying again (of course this is just a test and not a migration of any live data) if necessary on the next page I encounter this:
    Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 4.30.42 PM.webp

Being entirely unfamiliar with Photopost I have absolutely no idea where the config file for it would be to get these details

Essentially there's two flavours of PhotoPost.

There's a totally standalone application that can integrate with other software (like XenForo and vBulletin) and therefore that has its own config etc. It's generally called PhotoPost Pro.

There's also an add-on for vBulletin called vBGallery which, like XFMG, is directly integrated and uses the vB database etc.

I'd guess this is PhotoPost Pro if it appears to not be directly integrated inside vBulletin. I can't remember the exact location but the config file is called config-inc.php.

Essentially there's two flavours of PhotoPost.

There's a totally standalone application that can integrate with other software (like XenForo and vBulletin) and therefore that has its own config etc. It's generally called PhotoPost Pro.

There's also an add-on for vBulletin called vBGallery which, like XFMG, is directly integrated and uses the vB database etc.

I'd guess this is PhotoPost Pro if it appears to not be directly integrated inside vBulletin. I can't remember the exact location but the config file is called config-inc.php.

Awesome, will have a look at this when I get into the office tomorrow morning, thanks!

Alright, got all that tracked down. Main issue was just from assuming that it was a vBulletin plugin rather than a standalone application that uses vBulletin's templates. Import running now!

Categories were successfully imported, but no actual media was imported :\ investigating that further now

Tracked down the issue, it gets the file path from Photopost's settings and all of the files have been moved around so that path was wrong, just overwrote $this->_fileRoot to fix that and everything seems to be importing now!

Last edited:
That's likely related to the files not being in the expected place on the file system. You may note that the importer doesn't actually ask you where the media files are, so it's just going to look for them in the locations they would usually be in. For example, I think the config-inc.php file could have a fileLocation key, in which case it will use that. If it doesn't use that, then the importer will perform this query:
Code:
$this->_fileRoot = $sDb->fetchOne('SELECT setting FROM ' . $this->_prefix . 'settings WHERE varname = \'datafull\'');
You may need to move or copy the files to whichever location is reflected by either of these settings.

That's likely related to the files not being in the expected place on the file system. You may note that the importer doesn't actually ask you where the media files are, so it's just going to look for them in the locations they would usually be in. For example, I think the config-inc.php file could have a fileLocation key, in which case it will use that. If it doesn't use that, then the importer will perform this query:
Code:
$this->_fileRoot = $sDb->fetchOne('SELECT setting FROM ' . $this->_prefix . 'settings WHERE varname = \'datafull\'');
You may need to move or copy the files to whichever location is reflected by either of these settings.

Yep, that's exactly what it was :)

Top Bottom