1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing from vb3.8 - Removing Soft Deleted Threads

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by MGSteve, Dec 15, 2010.

1. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

Is there a way to remove any soft deleted threads in vB before you run the importer into XF? There's quite a lot of dross which has been soft deleted over the years, that to be quite honest, I wouldn't mind obliterating before moving everything over to XF.

If not, is there (or could an option be added) to skip the import of Soft Deleted threads?

btw, can a mode edit the thread title to add on '- Removing Soft Deleted Threads' please. I can't work out how to edit a thread title!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Titled edited - only moderators and administrators can edit titles currently.

I'm not familiar with vB's table structure but I'm sure a simple SQL query will be able to remove any soft deleted posts.

3. Shadab

Shadab Well-Known Member

AdminCP » Threads & Posts » Prune
    • Thread State => Deleted
    • Thread Status => Any
    • Forum => All Forums
    Click [Prune Threads]
    And then on the next page click [Prune Threads Selectively]

This would give you a list of threads that would be deleted.
    Double check to make sure you are not going to delete any important thread, and click [Go].

MGSteve, Jake Bunce and Brogan like this.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Shadab, even easier then if it can be done from the ACP.

5. Shadab

Shadab Well-Known Member

Yep. Weapon of mass-deletion; right inside the Admin Panel. :D

6. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

Cheers Guys. We're going to take the opportunity of the migration to do a bit of a tidyup of the forums e.g. Remove soft deleted threads & delete 0 post accounts that haven't been logged into for 12+ months etc...