Does Google adsense access soft deleted threads?

KSA

We got contacted by Google Adsense saying that some of their policies have been violated given us some example links to where the violations occurred. We have taken the necessary steps to abide by the guidelines and then requested for a review. After couple days we received another link that belong to one of the soft deleted threads asking us to clear the violation although the thread has been soft deleted. How is Google able to access soft deleted threads? and how can we go about tackling this issue without hard deleting threads?

Only staff should be able to see soft deleted threads/posts. Are you certain Google did not see that thread before it was soft deleted?

Only staff should be able to see soft deleted threads/posts. Are you certain Google did not see that thread before it was soft deleted?

Well that particular thread has been soft deleted long ago before we even receive anything from Google. Im just wondering if the adsense codes that are placed all over the forum has anything to do them accessing everything!?

This should answer your question. Google can't see soft deleted threads, but AdSense was triggered. So obviously Google will think that something is wrong (they can't verify their content on your site because of missing permissions). You should disable ads for your staff.

This should answer your question. Google can't see soft deleted threads, but AdSense was triggered. So obviously Google will think that something is wrong (they can't verify their content on your site because of missing permissions). You should disable ads for your staff.

How can this be done if I may ask?

Something like this in post_macros I guess:
HTML:
<xf:if is="{$thread.discussion_state} == 'visible' AND !in_array({$thread.node_id}, [1,2])">(show ads)</xf:if>
where 1,2 are your private nodes.
Depends on where your ad containers are.

Reactions: KSA
Something like this in post_macros I guess:
HTML:
<xf:if is="{$thread.discussion_state} == 'visible' AND !in_array({$thread.node_id}, [1,2])">(show ads)</xf:if>
where 1,2 are your private nodes.
Depends on where your ad containers are.

Should the code be wrapped up within the advertisement feature in Admin CP or in the template directly @Chris D

What I'm trying to do is basically prevent ads from displaying in certain nodes, permissioned ones .

hey, guys, I need help I want to show a certain ad on a thread view sidebar and by default, sidebar ads show everywhere

Top Bottom