Importing custom smilies

Not currently. I ran into this with my import. I have lots of smilies. :eek:

Of course you can always manually add your smilie codes and their image files after the import.

100 is that all? Go and upload them desperate housewives won't give you the love that your members will give you for uploading them. Before you ask, would I upload hundreds, no. I upload thousands and manually set it up in the admincp. :)

Once you set the path just copy and paste it and rename the title and extension (if needed) that'll save you alot of time.

I may not actually have better things to do, but I'm still not adding 100 smilies one by one. We'll go back to the old school smilie system before I do that ----> *evil, lazy laugh*

It's quite unlikely that the paths to your smilies would still work (unless you explicitly maintain that directory), so wouldn't you probably have to edit each of the imported smilies, to point to the new URL anyway?

Maybe I'm using the wrong term - I was just talking about being able to list a bunch of them at a time, rather than one at a time. Like, I choose "add 50 smilies" and enter the URL where they're stored (images/smilies/), the images are listed, and then I only have to go through and add the title/code to them.

Maybe I'm using the wrong term - I was just talking about being able to list a bunch of them at a time, rather than one at a time. Like, I choose "add 50 smilies" and enter the URL where they're stored (images/smilies/), the images are listed, and then I only have to go through and add the title/code to them.
the same way vb does it

I was trying really hard to avoid putting it that way but... yeah, exactly. lol

Or to improve on that - have them coded automatically, so that the file name is the code. Like, "lol,gif" becaomes :lol:

(Actually, maybe vB did that too - I don't remember anymore.)
yes, this is exactly how vB does that
it would be great to have the same in XenForo

It's quite unlikely that the paths to your smilies would still work (unless you explicitly maintain that directory), so wouldn't you probably have to edit each of the imported smilies, to point to the new URL anyway?
the other solution would be to import them in the same manner as importing attachments - the script should copy files to XenForo smilies location

Top Bottom