Importers

Hopefully there will be a URL rewrite section in admin cp for these settings. I would also like the forum id in thread urls instead of /threads/. It feels more natural and logical to me.

I have a vb3 and a vb4+vbseo. I'd like to see an import system for my vb4+vbseo which is the only active forum I have. Can't convert my board without this. :( Right now, I really don't care about old vbseo'd urls but if we have a solution for that too, I'll be really happy. :D

had to renew my vbseo subscription...

i guess i would be able to use the official support to get the relevant redirect codes for my forum. and after that, vbseo > xf should be easily available online.

What effect will converting do to your sites visibility in say Google? At present we're quite high up the rankings.

And that's without any additional SEO add-ons like VBSeo.

It's fairly easy to deal with, I wrote one for vB that.s on vb.org, and I believe one has been written for xF that deals with incoming imported links responding with 301.

Jerry, would you be able/willing to help me out with a few questions regarding redirects and what not? I'm about to make a few changes in the forum strucutre on my vB4 + vBSEO forum, and would love to ensure the SEO loss resulting would be kept to a minimum. Shoot me a PM if you'd be interested. I'd be willing to make it worth your time, too, so feel free to drop me a note as to your rates.

Edit: I'll also see if I can get some support on vBSEO, but I like having alternatives available :)

Cheers :)

Peter

I have done a quick search here and can't find a satisfactory answer - so i'm going to ask.

What conversion tools are going to be released with the first beta (if any)?

If the IPB3.1 converter isn't part of the pack, when can we expect a release?

Top Bottom