XF 1.5 Imported from SMF 2.0, missing some threads

Skisma

Hi,

I recently did a double import (Vanilla 2 >SMF 2.0 >xF 1.5) and have successfully made it to xF! However, when importing from SMF 2.0 I noticed a hand full of threads that didn't make it over. Upon looking into it further I realized they never made it to SMF from Vanilla. So obviously this isn't an issue with your importer, but with SMF's.

What I'm wondering is if I go in and manually re-create these threads, can I modify the author/creation date? I still have access to my original forums so it would be simple to copy paste all of the threads and comments. I just need to be able to edit the author's/dates.

I see when looking at my tables in phpMyAdmin there is one called 'xf_thread' and one called 'xf_post'. It appears that these are the two tables I need to modify; theoretically couldn't I export the tables, modify two fields (username and post_date) and then re-import the two tables?

If so, the only issue I have is that the post date is just a large number, so I have no idea what value I need to input that will reflect the correct date. For example, a post I posted at 12:01 this morning shows the following number: 1445295716. And a post posted in the same forum at 4:52 this morning shows the following number: 1445313165. Can anyone assist me here?

I wouldn't recommend editing the database directly.
You would also need to update various counts and caches, plus potentially other assorted data.

At most you should get the original authors to recreate the threads and posts, then you could get away with modifying the date, but even then, those posts would be out of synch with the rest of the data in terms of ID and date.

The timestamp for content is UNIX time, hence why it appears as 1445295716.

I wouldn't recommend editing the database directly.
You would also need to update various counts and caches, plus potentially other assorted data.

At most you should get the original authors to recreate the threads and posts, then you could get away with modifying the date, but even then, those posts would be out of synch with the rest of the data in terms of ID and date.

The timestamp for content is UNIX time, hence why it appears as 1445295716.

I'm going to have to refresh the message/post count anyway and I don't really mind if these few threads/post will be out of sync with their IDs. Is this something that could cause some real problems with the site if I did update the DB tables? If it's just organizational stuff then I'm cool with it not being accurate.

I knew there was some kind of time code I wasn't aware of, thanks for pointing that out!

Top Bottom