Import problems from vb3.8.4...

aculate

So I’ve imported from vB 3.8.4 and things are not going as smooth as I was expecting...
I’ve installed xenForo and when ask for an Administrative account I’ve entered something like:
username:test4
password: pwdfortest4

I did a quick search and found that the account "test4" primary group is “Registered” and secondary group is “administrative, moderators,...”

I proceeded immediately to the import (no options configured) and just when I was importing the users, I could see that in the upper right corner the account name "test4" changed to FanClub (the only administrator account in the vb3.8.4 database). Once the import finished, i've realize that the password for FanClub changed and took the password of the "test4" account and also the FanClub account email changed to the email of the "test4" account, and that the "test4" account disappear!!!

Is this how the import is to suppose to work?

Also, users in the vb group ‘Users awaiting email confimation’ are imported in the ‘Registered’ group in xenForo (they must remain unconfirmed and should be imported into the xenforo group ‘Unregistered / Unconfirmed’)

Also, some users trophies count is always 0. I’ve rebuild the cache and still showing 0. I notice that this happens when the user's activity is a few days old...

Advice please!

You must have enabled the import option to preserve the source ids. That would combine userid 1 from vB with userid 1 from XF. This is expected and normal.

XF tracks "users awaiting email confirmation" with a separate "user_state" field in the user record. There is no separate group like in vB, but the status is still preserved when you import.

XF only updates trophies for recently active users. Your imported users can expect to have their trophies (and therefore titles) updated within an hour of their first login. This is normal after an import. If you are impatient then you can remove the last_activity requirement in the code and then manually run the cron:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/trophy-user-titles-issue-after-import.6973/#post-99551

You must have enabled the import option to preserve the source ids. That would combine userid 1 from vB with userid 1 from XF. This is expected and normal.

True. I do check that option when i do my import. At least now i know why...

XF tracks "users awaiting email confirmation" with a separate "user_state" field in the user record. There is no separate group like in vB, but the status is still preserved when you import.

Did another import and i do see that users in xenforo have a user_state accordingly

XF only updates trophies for recently active users. Your imported users can expect to have their trophies (and therefore titles) updated within an hour of their first login. This is normal after an import. If you are impatient then you can remove the last_activity requirement in the code and then manually run the cron:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/trophy-user-titles-issue-after-import.6973/#post-99551

This last tip does the trick!!!

One more question. During the installation, I've noticed that xenforo puts the administrative user in the 'Registered' primary group and then checks the secondary group 'Administrative' and 'Moderating'.
After the import, the adminstrative user is given 'Adminstrative' as the primary group and nothing as the secondary group. It probably comes to be the same, but should i use xenforo method or the second method ?

Thanks

Top Bottom