1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Importing issue when importing private messages from vB3.8.4

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by aculate, Apr 18, 2014.

1. aculate

aculate Well-Known Member

I'm almost ready to switch from vb3.8.4 to xenForo 1.3.1. In fact, April 29 is the date for the switch.

I'm doing the last batch of testing and i need help on 1 last issue i'm having with the import. When importing, it says 2128 pm imported, but i know theres 2134 private messages in vBulletin 3.8.4. So there's 6 that did not import correctly. I know it's a small issue, but i do want my import to be perfect.

I've managed to fix all of the issues i had when importing avatars, signatures, posts. This is the last issue remaining.

What can i check, or what queries can i launch to compare and find those 6 pm that did not import correctly.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  2. aculate

aculate Well-Known Member

ok, I did a couple of things the old fashioned way... launched a query in both vb an XF to extract the user id with the total of private message, and compared side by side to find those 6 missing messages... It turns out that the difference of 6 is from a user that doesn't exist.

So, the lesson, xenforo does the job correctly by not importing orphans private messages from users that doesn't exist.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    AlexT and thedude like this.