XF 1.3 Importing issue when importing private messages from vB3.8.4

aculate

I'm almost ready to switch from vb3.8.4 to xenForo 1.3.1. In fact, April 29 is the date for the switch.

I'm doing the last batch of testing and i need help on 1 last issue i'm having with the import. When importing, it says 2128 pm imported, but i know theres 2134 private messages in vBulletin 3.8.4. So there's 6 that did not import correctly. I know it's a small issue, but i do want my import to be perfect.

I've managed to fix all of the issues i had when importing avatars, signatures, posts. This is the last issue remaining.

What can i check, or what queries can i launch to compare and find those 6 pm that did not import correctly.

Thanks

Last edited:
ok, I did a couple of things the old fashioned way... launched a query in both vb an XF to extract the user id with the total of private message, and compared side by side to find those 6 missing messages... It turns out that the difference of 6 is from a user that doesn't exist.

So, the lesson, xenforo does the job correctly by not importing orphans private messages from users that doesn't exist.

Untitled-1.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom