XF 1.5 Import in progress... that isn't.

MySiteGuy

Whenever I go to the import external data page, I see the following:

"An import is currently in progress. If you are returning to continue the import, click the button below to continue where you left off."

Now the issue is, something broke a long time ago with an import, apparently. The reason is my board has been running fine for over a year and a half, and if I tell it to continue the import, it wipes out my forum and starts to import my old data all over again - and I end up having to restore the entire site datebase from backup. I have no idea which import, and when, might have caused this as it's been a long, long time... and as noted my board has been operating fine (1.7 million posts, etc).

This error message is stopping me from installing an addon which later does an import. How do I manually remove this message, is there a mysql query I can run to do tell it the import in progress no longer exists?

The page that shows that message also has the option to start a fresh import. Using that would remove the old import session.

Thanks. I didn't want to risk trying that option and possibly having to do another database backup restoration, until I knew it might be safe to do so. :)

No, this didn't fix the issue. I did what you said. Then went to back to import, told it to import from Xenporta to Xenporta 2. Started the import... and the very first thing it started doing is deleting all the threads in the forum, as if I was doing a fresh VBulletin import all over again. Damn, have to restore the database... again. :(

There isn't anything in any core importer that would delete all the threads in the forum. There is a system that deletes the "default" data if you are retaining IDs (nodes 1 and 2), but this should be overridden to be specific to the importer in question (so it only removes its own default data). You should contact the author of the importer your using as they may need to make code changes.

Looks like it wiped out all my forums, except the newest section, before I could stop it. I'll see what I can do with the author, but this isn't looking very positive for me. Worst case I'll manually rebuild all my article promotions, but there are about 60 :(. Thankfully the database server is fast enough that I'll only have about 15 minutes downtime for the restore.

Top Bottom