Fixed Import from IPB Board 4 - Database Error

Neal

Trying to import from IPB Board 4.1.4.1 to XenForo, but I get the following error on the 2nd stage "Import custom user fields":

Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'pfields_groups.pf_group_key' in 'field list'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in XenForo/Importer/IPBoard40x.php at line 211
  6. XenForo_Importer_IPBoard40x->stepUserFields() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 97
  7. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 189
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 241
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 184
  10. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/****/****/****/public_html/new/admin.php at line 13

This is odd because we've tested this pretty extensively, now, on both 4.1 and 4.0.

Could you run this query against your IPB4.1 database and paste the results?

Code:
SHOW CREATE TABLE core_pfields_groups

If your database has a prefix, you will need to put it in front of "core", e.g. "prefix_core_pfields_groups".

This is odd because we've tested this pretty extensively, now, on both 4.1 and 4.0.

Could you run this query against your IPB4.1 database and paste the results?

Code:
SHOW CREATE TABLE core_pfields_groups

If your database has a prefix, you will need to put it in front of "core", e.g. "prefix_core_pfields_groups".

Hi @Chris D

I've tried running the query but it quickly says loading and nothing happens.

Table

core_pfields_groups

Create Table

CREATE TABLE `core_pfields_groups` (
`pf_group_id` mediumint(4) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`pf_group_order` mediumint(4) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
PRIMARY KEY (`pf_group_id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=2 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4 COLLATE=utf8mb4_unicode_ci

It's cut off, I'd need to see the full output to understand what's going on.

Feel free to submit a ticket if you want us to take a look on your behalf.

Were you ever on IPB 4.0 or 3.x? Or was this a new install with 4.1?

I think I can see that they've stopped using that field, but all the testing we've done thus far has been on boards which have upgraded from version 3 or 4.0 and that field hasn't been removed. I'm not sure why this is.

I will PM you with an updated file that works around this issue. Let us know if it works :)

Another slight problem; when I try to import the gallery, it wants me to provide the name of the import log. I never saved the import log so I can't enter anything into this field.

You should always save the import log.

However, it's worth noting that we don't currently support importing from the latest version of IP.Gallery. It may work, but it is unlikely and it hasn't been tested.

You should always save the import log.

However, it's worth noting that we don't currently support importing from the latest version of IP.Gallery. It may work, but it is unlikely and it hasn't been tested.

I was informed in my thread that this issue may be fixed in the next version and was linked to this thread, however, I don't see anything that states this will be fixed in the next version.
Therefore, If you guys haven't found a fix yet then you can find it here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/modify-importer-for-ipb-4-1-x.109327/

Otherwise,
Great to hear it's been resolved :)

You contacted me by PM with the URL to your active demo.

Unfortunately we don't officially support importing into our demo system and we generally only run the latest stable version on the demo boards (with some exceptions). The fix is being rolled out in XF 1.5.5, and the demo is running 1.5.3. The demo will be updated when XF 1.5.5 is released soon.

Generally, at this early stage, I wouldn't be too concerned about importing data for testing purposes. The importer does work when the fix is applied and customers have already used it to migrate from IPB 4.0 and 4.1, e.g: https://www.pyra-handheld.com/boards/

I would focus on exploring the software itself and its features first and if you do purchase any support needed to get the import to work can be provided then.

Good luck!

Top Bottom