XF 1.4 Import from IP.Board problem

crogoon

Hello,

I have a problem when importing my IP.Board to XenForo. Precisely, I miss some data in the posts table after the import. Everything else (threads, members) etc. imports fine.

My IP.Board posts table before import shows ~612,255 rows (phpMyAdmin).

First I tried with the vanilla XenForo importer but after the import when I checked xf_post table there were something like 880k rows. Waaay to much.

So I decided to install Import Tools by Waindigo to avoid duplicate rows but after the first go xf_post had about 450k rows, and today after the third attempt it shows ~582,524 rows. It's the best result but still missing about 30k of post messages!

AdminCP showed no import errors after any of these imports.

I use shared hosting with PHP 5.4 (FastCGI) and import via Chrome/Firefox. My IP.Board is version 3.4 and it is only modded with Shoutbox and some antispam mods.

For any issues using the default importer, you would have to do a clean import as partial imports are not supported.
That would be after identifying what the issue was and resolving it.

For any issues related to a third party importer you will have to ask in the add-on thread.

Of course, I don't want to do partial imports.

I made a fresh XF installation after you replied and directly went to Import External Data with selected Retain imported content IDs.

After an hour of importing data with NO errors I check the xf_post table and it's not good (~456,216 rows).

Other imported tables are fine.

Can you identify any missing contents? The row count might not be reflect the actual amount of importable content (such as orphaned content). Additionally, any row count estimate (such as done by phpMyAdmin) is not necessarily accurate; an actual count query would be needed.

I agree it's not the best way to draw conclusions but I'm new to mysql and all I can see is this big difference in rows count.

Can you give me some query examples I could run for counting or maybe checking the difference?

Thank you!

Imported count result in xf_post = 611495 vs 612255 in the ip.board. The real difference = 760

Just wonder what reasons could there be for this post content not to be importable, what is orphaned content in posts table and why is it created?

Do any of the post records not have a thread_id ?

If no, do any of the records in xf_thread not have a node_id?

Other than the incorrect count showing in phpMyAdmin, what makes you think the posts are orphaned?

Mike suggested it may be the case. :)

And I agree, because I just run ip.board post recount tools and it reduced total board post count for 760 posts.

Thank you both, problem solved.

Top Bottom