Import errors :: Post yours here

Rob

I am importing a vb 3.8 and everything has gone fine... PM's VM's but it has bombed out at threads and posts and will not continue

All I get is the text 'A server error occurred. Please try again later.' shown within the forum skin.

Is there way to output more detailed error information?

I'm having real trouble getting PMs imported (I started reading through the thread and found a lot of mentions of it, but no solution). Enabling debug mode, here's the error in full:

Server Error

unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 33 of 39 bytes
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 1062
  2. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepPrivateMessages() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
  3. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 161
  4. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 213
  5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 156
  6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mywebsite/public_html/testxf/admin.php at line 13

I also hit this issue, due to corruption of utf8 characters in the serialized string over time (so the data length no longer matches what it should be, and unserialize chokes).

Ive fudged it my vb4 importer to basically ignore unserialise errors - unfortunately, it does mean that the offending PM will not get imported, but there is no easy solution - and generally its old PM's that no one will miss anyway.

Ive fudged it my vb4 importer to basically ignore unserialise errors - unfortunately, it does mean that the offending PM will not get imported, but there is no easy solution - and generally its old PM's that no one will miss anyway.
That's pretty awesome nonetheless.

Mike, is it possible to have something like that part of the 3.8 importer, maybe with a warning that some PMs were not imported for that reason? Better to have some of the PMs than none. Of course, if there's a solution where all PMs can be imported that would be optimal ;).

That's pretty awesome nonetheless.

Mike, is it possible to have something like that part of the 3.8 importer, maybe with a warning that some PMs were not imported for that reason? Better to have some of the PMs than none. Of course, if there's a solution where all PMs can be imported that would be optimal ;).
As noted, we're intentionally not trapping errors that happen in the importer for debugging reasons. For example, if I had just trapped PM errors, a lot of people would've had bad imports because of charset issues. I have taken steps to resolve that, but it still takes some human intervention (and even then, can be a bit of a guess without knowing technical details).

I suspect that PMs will be the first thing that we trap (and perhaps only, as that may be the one area where the data is simply corrupted out of the box).

i am having problem with import polls from vB3.8:

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '3249-2260' for key 1

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in C:\wamp\www\XFB2\library\Zend\Db\Statement.php at line 292
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in C:\wamp\www\XFB2\library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php at line 468
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in C:\wamp\www\XFB2\library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php at line 546
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in C:\wamp\www\XFB2\library\XenForo\Model\Import.php at line 890
  5. XenForo_Model_Import->importPollVote() in C:\wamp\www\XFB2\library\XenForo\Importer\vBulletin.php at line 1941
  6. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepPolls() in C:\wamp\www\XFB2\library\XenForo\Importer\Abstract.php at line 77
  7. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in C:\wamp\www\XFB2\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Import.php at line 161
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in C:\wamp\www\XFB2\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Import.php at line 105
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in C:\wamp\www\XFB2\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 303
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in C:\wamp\www\XFB2\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 132
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:\wamp\www\XFB2\admin.php at line 13
any idea how to fix this error ?

i repeated the whole process again, new database, reuploaded xen folders and files, run importd again, import runs almost very nice and done the most diffecult parts which is importing more than 2.5 millions of mesages and threads, but i wonder why it fails when it comes to polls and give the same error message " Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'xxxx-xxxx' for key 1"

The thing is i have very few polls in my vbulletin forums and i wonder why it would cause this problem to xen import system !!

by the way am doing this in localhost server , wamp+vistasp2

Top Bottom