1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Import errors :: Post yours here

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Rob, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

I am importing a vb 3.8 and everything has gone fine... PM's VM's but it has bombed out at threads and posts and will not continue

All I get is the text 'A server error occurred. Please try again later.' shown within the forum skin.

Is there way to output more detailed error information?

2. Floris

Floris Guest

check the database xf_error_log perhaps.

3. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have zero rows in that table

4. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

Import Private Messages and Import Forums
    Error

The requested page could not be found.

Zero records in error log.

Added: Same server, different account.

5. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

I have zero lines in my server error log file either just in case anyone wonders - it did a fair few thousand threads before crashing too.

6. mochito

mochito Member

Hi there,

the following "error" occurred and ends in endless try on the same user :/

Import Data: vBulletin 3.7/3.8

Import Users... 993 / 1398"

gtx, juergen

7. steven s

Can you tell if there is an odd character in the username?
    I removed commas from several usernames.

8. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

steven.... can I ask if you are importing from your live database and is your forum open during this process? I have a feeling that data changing in the database might be the cause - I'm gonna do a re-run tomorrow with live forum turned off to be sure

9. steven s

Yes, it's live and open. I'll import from a backup.

10. mochito

mochito Member

Nope, here is the line from vb database... (password deleted, email name slightly changed)
    1004 14 14 14 ODriver [password hash deleted]
    2008-12-04 S.hofer@gmail.com 0

11. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

guys, please add this line to your library/config.php file at the very end:-
    $config['debug'] = true;

Kire / Mike if it helps here is a more detailed log:-

12. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

When I use the importer from 3.7/3.8, and it tells me that my attachments and avatars are stored on the local file system, and I need to specify where they are, am I to assume that I need to copy my attachments and customavatars directory somewhere where xenforo can find them?

I wished there'd be an option to ignore attachments and/or avatars just to test the database import of users, but its nice that attachments and custom avatars can be imported from the file system.

weider likes this.
  13. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

just put the full server path to those folders - Dont copy anything.

eg. var/www/vhosts/yoursite/httpdocs/customavatars for instance

14. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

Yes, I did that, but my xenforo installation isn't on the same server as my vb installation. I was just confused about the option, but I'll try copying those directories to my xenforo installation.

15. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

yah good plan

16. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Kier & Mike .... I think all of these are caused by certain characters that maybe you have not accounted for hope this helps,

Rob

17. steven s

But even when I try to import my forum names, it fails. I do have an apostrophe in one of my forum names.

18. gnatster

gnatster Member

Almost all imported fine with the exception of the Private Messages.

From the logs

Server Error Log

Error Info

ErrorException: unserialize() [<a href='function.unserialize'>function.unserialize</a>]: Error at offset 32 of 37 bytes - library/XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php:1058
    Generated by: Nathan, Today at 12:21 AM
    Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError('a:1:{s:2:"cc";a...')
    #1 /home/..../..../..../forums/library/XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php(1058): unserialize(0, Array)
    #2 /home/..../..../..../forums/library/XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php(77): XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepPrivateMessages(Object(XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import), Object(XenForo_ImportSession), 'privateMessages', 0, Array)
    #3 /home/..../..../..../forums/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php(152): XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep(Object(XenForo_Importer_vBulletin), Object(XenForo_ImportSession), 'privateMessages', 0, Array)
    #4 /home/..../..../..../forums/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php(204): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep(Object(XenForo_Importer_vBulletin), Object(XenForo_ImportSession), 'privateMessages', Array)
    #5 /home/..../..../..../forums/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php(147): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep()
    #6 /home/..../..../..../forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(303): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #7 /home/..../..../..../forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()
    #8 /home/..../......../forums/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #9 {main}
    Request State

array(3) { ["url"] => string(57) "http://..../forums/admin.php?import/start-step" ["_GET"] =>
    array(1) { ["import/start-step"] => string(0) "" } ["_POST"] => array(2) { ["step_privateMessages"] => string(23) "Import Private Messages" ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "1,1286320873,44813411846e0ba157cc5381d78ceefb8ad4722d" } }

19. brendanc

brendanc Active Member

20. Mert

Mert Well-Known Member

I only received error within importing private messages. All remaning steps worked correct. Here is the error i received related PM import

Code:
    Server Error

Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 1058
    XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepPrivateMessages() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
    XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 152
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 101
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/depkac.com/subdomains/xenforo/httpdocs/admin.php at line 13