• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Import errors :: Post yours here

Rob

I am importing a vb 3.8 and everything has gone fine... PM's VM's but it has bombed out at threads and posts and will not continue

All I get is the text 'A server error occurred. Please try again later.' shown within the forum skin.

Is there way to output more detailed error information?

steven s

Import Private Messages and Import Forums
Error

The requested page could not be found.

Zero records in error log.

Added: Same server, different account.

Rob

I have zero lines in my server error log file either just in case anyone wonders - it did a fair few thousand threads before crashing too.

Hi there,

the following "error" occurred and ends in endless try on the same user :/

Import Data: vBulletin 3.7/3.8

Import Users... 993 / 1398"

gtx, juergen

steven s

Hi there,

the following "error" occurred and ends in endless try on the same user :/

Import Data: vBulletin 3.7/3.8

Import Users... 993 / 1398"

gtx, juergen
Can you tell if there is an odd character in the username?
I removed commas from several usernames.

Rob

steven.... can I ask if you are importing from your live database and is your forum open during this process? I have a feeling that data changing in the database might be the cause - I'm gonna do a re-run tomorrow with live forum turned off to be sure

steven s

steven.... can I ask if you are importing from your live database and is your forum open during this process? I have a feeling that data changing in the database might be the cause - I'm gonna do a re-run tomorrow with live forum turned off to be sure
Yes, it's live and open. I'll import from a backup.

Rob

guys, please add this line to your library/config.php file at the very end:-
$config['debug'] = true;

Kire / Mike if it helps here is a more detailed log:-
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xF4\x80\x80\x97 E...' for column 'message' at row 1
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 300
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 468
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 546
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1484
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1473
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1287
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 253
  8. XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 770
  9. XenForo_Model_Import->importPost() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 1794
  10. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepThreads() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
  11. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 152
  12. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 101
  13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
  14. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  15. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/xxxxx/httpdocs/xenforo/admin.php at line 13

SneakyDave

When I use the importer from 3.7/3.8, and it tells me that my attachments and avatars are stored on the local file system, and I need to specify where they are, am I to assume that I need to copy my attachments and customavatars directory somewhere where xenforo can find them?

I wished there'd be an option to ignore attachments and/or avatars just to test the database import of users, but its nice that attachments and custom avatars can be imported from the file system.

Rob

just put the full server path to those folders - Dont copy anything.

eg. var/www/vhosts/yoursite/httpdocs/customavatars for instance

SneakyDave

Yes, I did that, but my xenforo installation isn't on the same server as my vb installation. I was just confused about the option, but I'll try copying those directories to my xenforo installation.

Rob

Kier & Mike .... I think all of these are caused by certain characters that maybe you have not accounted for hope this helps,

Rob

steven s

Kier & Mike .... I think all of these are caused by certain characters that maybe you have not accounted for hope this helps,

Rob
But even when I try to import my forum names, it fails. I do have an apostrophe in one of my forum names.

Almost all imported fine with the exception of the Private Messages.

From the logs

Server Error Log

Error Info

ErrorException: unserialize() [<a href='function.unserialize'>function.unserialize</a>]: Error at offset 32 of 37 bytes - library/XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php:1058
Generated by: Nathan, Today at 12:21 AM
Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError('a:1:{s:2:"cc";a...')
#1 /home/..../..../..../forums/library/XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php(1058): unserialize(0, Array)
#2 /home/..../..../..../forums/library/XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php(77): XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepPrivateMessages(Object(XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import), Object(XenForo_ImportSession), 'privateMessages', 0, Array)
#3 /home/..../..../..../forums/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php(152): XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep(Object(XenForo_Importer_vBulletin), Object(XenForo_ImportSession), 'privateMessages', 0, Array)
#4 /home/..../..../..../forums/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php(204): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep(Object(XenForo_Importer_vBulletin), Object(XenForo_ImportSession), 'privateMessages', Array)
#5 /home/..../..../..../forums/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php(147): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep()
#6 /home/..../..../..../forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(303): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/..../..../..../forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()
#8 /home/..../......../forums/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Request State

array(3) { ["url"] => string(57) "http://..../forums/admin.php?import/start-step" ["_GET"] =>
array(1) { ["import/start-step"] => string(0) "" } ["_POST"] => array(2) { ["step_privateMessages"] => string(23) "Import Private Messages" ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "1,1286320873,44813411846e0ba157cc5381d78ceefb8ad4722d" } }

Mert

I only received error within importing private messages. All remaning steps worked correct. Here is the error i received related PM import

Code:
Server Error

Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 1058
XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepPrivateMessages() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 152
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 101
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/depkac.com/subdomains/xenforo/httpdocs/admin.php at line 13