Import errors :: Post yours here

Rob

I am importing a vb 3.8 and everything has gone fine... PM's VM's but it has bombed out at threads and posts and will not continue

All I get is the text 'A server error occurred. Please try again later.' shown within the forum skin.

Is there way to output more detailed error information?

ok, I just found out how to enable the developer debug, and I get an "Undefined index: field3" error on user import. The code verifies that "field1" is set, but it doesn't verify "field3", so I've made the following change.

Change this in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php
PHP:
        if (isset($user['field1']))
        {
            $import['about'] = $this->_convertToUtf8($user['field1']) . "\n\n" . $this->_convertToUtf8($user['field3']);
        }
        // TODO: potentially import additional custom fields as about

to this......
PHP:
        if (isset($user['field1']))
        {
            if (isset($user['field3']))
            {
                $import['about'] = $this->_convertToUtf8($user['field1']) . "\n\n" . $this->_convertToUtf8($user['field3']);
            }
            else
            {
                $import['about'] = $this->_convertToUtf8($user['field1']);
            }
        }
        // TODO: potentially import additional custom fields as about
Looks like this might have gotten me past that particular hurdle :).
The Testbed server is now grinding through the import process... I'm guessing that we're gonna have more than a few glitches if there are specific characters that make it choke... with 160,000+ I'm sure there's one or two that might be a problem child.:rolleyes:

Well... Mine died at just over 6300 users imported (left it running while I went back to priming/painting the kitchen ceiling), but when I hit the back button it picked back up. Then died again with the same Deadlock error.

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction
  1. [*]Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute()inZend/Db/Statement.phpat line300
    [*]Zend_Db_Statement->execute()inZend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.phpat line468
    [*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query()inZend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.phpat line546
    [*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert()inXenForo/DataWriter.phpat line1484
    [*]XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()inXenForo/DataWriter.phpat line1473
    [*]XenForo_DataWriter->_save()inXenForo/DataWriter.phpat line1287
    [*]XenForo_DataWriter->save()inXenForo/Model/Import.phpat line352
    [*]XenForo_Model_Import->importUser()inXenForo/Importer/vBulletin.phpat line841
    [*]XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->_importUser()inXenForo/Importer/vBulletin.phpat line659
    [*]XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->_importOrMergeUser()inXenForo/Importer/vBulletin.phpat line457
    [*]XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepUsers()inXenForo/Importer/Abstract.phpat line77
    [*]XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep()inXenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.phpat line152
    [*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep()inXenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.phpat line101
    [*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line303
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line132
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->run()in/home/ikeafans/public_html/xf/admin.phpat line13
This is on a testbed system that nobody is on but myself. Wonder if I need to close the board anyway? Can't see why it's running into a deadlock... Maybe there's a cron that's doing something? Shouldn't be...

I finally managed it to get all 229704 user accounts imported. However, the import script fails now with out of memory errors like this:
Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated -1692139520) (tried to allocate 144378850 bytes) in /var/www/virtual/forums/htdocs/xen_test/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(206) : eval()'d code on line 212

I already tried to increase the memory limit to about 3.5GB but it still fails. There is no way to increase the limit even further because the server is running a 32-bit OS.

I'm able to get most of my forums to import. They display after I rebuild caches and the import button is still highlighted.
I thought it might have something to do with apostrophes, but some forum names with apostrophes did make it through the import.

Not an error persay... but everytime I try to import VMs, it goes through the 9k fine, and then just starts over. And reimports them. And again, and again.

Tried it three times, importing the VMs at various stages. Urgh.
Any ideas on this? If I let it continue to run, it makes endless copies of the VMs...

So I am at a loss. I can not import my forum.
I stop at 48 forums. I probably have almost 100 (not all active).
Private Messages stop somewhere too. I don't know which table is used to figure how far that import got.

It could be. Either that or peculiar characters in titles.

My PM issue is either that, or the fact I have some orphan PMs knocking about, but I can't see it because the script just doesn't even attempt anything, it just dies as soon as I start.

I can't get the forums to import, or the PM's either. Kinda stuck at this point.
:: Shrug ::
Welcome to Beta! :) This is why we have test installs etc ;)
I have great faith that the import kinks will get ironed out...

I can't get the forums to import, or the PM's either. Kinda stuck at this point.
:: Shrug ::
Welcome to Beta! :) This is why we have test installs etc ;)
I have great faith that the import kinks will get ironed out...
Mine's stalled on threads and posts now, "Please enter a valid title". It got roughly half way through.

Will have to leave it for now I think and see if these issues can be sorted.

Mine's stalled on threads and posts now, "Please enter a valid title". It got roughly half way through.

Will have to leave it for now I think and see if these issues can be sorted.
I had one of those with user groups. I found a user group (probably created when we tried variuos bridge systems) that had an empty membergroup name. You might run a quick query on your threads DB and see if you have any with "" or null as the title... Just a thought.

Top Bottom