Implement AMP Project framework

thumped

https://www.ampproject.org/

The Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Project is an initiative to improve the mobile web and enhance the distribution ecosystem. If content is fast, flexible and beautiful, including compelling and effective ads, we can preserve the open web publishing model as well as the revenue streams so important to the sustainability of quality publishing.

AMP HTML is a new way to make web pages that are optimized to load instantly on users’ mobile devices. It is designed to support smart caching, predictable performance, and modern, beautiful mobile content. Since AMP HTML is built on existing web technologies, and not a template based system, publishers continue to host their own content, innovate on their user experiences, and flexibly integrate their advertising and business models -- all within a technical architecture optimized for speed and performance.

Upvote 196
any update?

There is nothing significant about the data points in those screenshots. For all we know is traffic got better after people returned from holiday vacation. I would like to see three months before by day vs three months after. I would also like to see last year at the same time.

There is nothing significant about the data points in those screenshots. For all we know is traffic got better after people returned from holiday vacation. I would like to see three months before by day vs three months after. I would also like to see last year at the same time.

Mostly an increase:

1563352265111.png

And this year we are now in Alexa 100 in our own country, Turkey:

BTW, after upgrading to 2.1.3, AMP still works :)

AMP works..
Just to chime in that I have implemented AMP pages on several of my own sites (not Xenforo, but custom-built ones), and have seen mobile traffic go up and rank better without having to put any extra effort in.
One of my sites currently has 70 users online, 20 of those (28.5%) are visiting an AMP page.
- For the past week 55,531 sessions of which 15,591 were AMP ~28%

It will definitely help you rank if the content is relevant
Having a page that loads almost instantly (super well cached) is something that is very much preferred for a user on mobile.
And if you think that Google doesn't care about optimizing the user experience for their users, think again :)

AMP as a landing page
The point raised about thinking of it more as a "landing page" is very valid.
One of my sites is a one-page webtool, and the AMP variant of it doesn't work (due to being reliant on custom JS), but it still has very relevant content. If the user wants to run the tool, it's simply a matter of clicking on the "Run tool"-link that points to the non-AMP variant, which will be able to execute the custom JS.

Personal preference
I myself almost always prefer the ⚡-links in search results, because I know I will see the info instantly, and I won't be bogged down with 3+Mb of unnecessary JavaScript.

Someone make a plugin for this already!
@Recep Baltaş where is your SEO2 plugin? did it have AMP support? I'm asking because @NixFifty hasn't released the AMP plugin for XF2 yet (and doesn't seem to be too active)

Seriously there is $$ in it for you, as anyone who cares about bringing traffic to their forum can install it and rank better for various things. Paying a couple $ for a plugin like that is a no-brainer!

Another example:

I recently acquired a forum (that's why I'm here) and it was running XF1.5. One of the first plugins I installed was NixFiftys AMP plugin.
Last Friday I updated to XF2.1, which sadly doesn't have any AMP plugin :'(

Checking google analytics for the past 7 days, the forum had 5751 sessions. Looking at the AMP insight, 1411 of those are to the AMP variant of the page. (which now sadly are not AMP:d anymore, so they will fall away as soon as GoogleBot discovers it..)

how do u implement AMP for your forumns ? .
Any updates on this? i really need amp support for xenforo 2

With now defunct yet soon to be alive SEO2 plugin.

AMP is someting that needs to be a core XenForo feature. The team had other jobs to do before but as mobile is the thing now, AMP is a must!

While that was true, there is a bit of hope:
Hello, dear ones.

there is now a continued existence of add-ons (all). Not under xenMade.

I will hand over the project as such in about a week. If you don't want me to pass on your data/account - please write me. I will then delete the account - which also means the loss of licenses.

I don't know what changes will happen on the bottom line and I have no influence on it.

I am happy that the Add-Ons will be continued.

All licenses are retained and will be continued. Of course not if they have their account deleted.

Although the notice says "about a week" that was over a month ago. https://xenmade.com/xenmade-addons/

Mostly an increase:

View attachment 206679

And this year we are now in Alexa 100 in our own country, Turkey:

BTW, after upgrading to 2.1.3, AMP still works :)

Let me show you the difference in less than a year!

We have always applied the latest tech. Kept the server and software always up to date and always had AMP support for our forum. And with the Corona case around, this is the latest situation:

1585220533742.webp

100K increase.

Forums are not dead. They are alive and kicking. And if you follow the instructions of Google and implement mobile tech, you'll keep rising.

AMP is a must! Mobile is the future! Future XenForo versions should focus on mobile and add official AMP support!

Regards

Top Bottom