Impact of URLs in SEO

avi

I have always been told that URLs have no impact in SEO. They just make url more readable. The spiders which crawl our sites, they don't care about URLs at all. All they is do is look at content. Am I correct ?

lets say, I have a page which talks about apples & its name is 01.html instead of apples.html and another page about oranges as 02.html. And so on... So does affect my rankings of page in search engines ?

many have suggested me to concentrate only on content & NOT to worry at all about url (and even domain name).

I want to know is this correct information ? URLs does not affect rankings at all ? not even 1% ? If it is so, is there any official documentation from Google (or any search engine) about this ?

Thank you in advance :)

All things equal the page with the human readable URL that matches the content search for will rank higher, but that is only if all things are equal. In my experience the content of the page still matters far more than the URL itself.

Using human readable URLs will not magically make a site with poor content high ranking. And not having human readable URLs will not damn a site with good on topic content to low ranking. Best to have both, but if you have to pick one, better to have the content than the URL.

Top Bottom