Imitate profile page with custom information

Trombones13

I'd like to make custom pages (I presume with XF's page function, though I also presume it will require additional work to change the URL structure so it doesn't include /pages/) that look exactly like the member profile pages (i.e. this one), but instead of containing information about the member, it would be filled out on the admin side with information for that particular page. For this project, I'm looking to make custom pages for artists, so instead of having a page for Trombones13, it'd be a page for Adele (which would include tabs for albums, singles, etc. instead of profile info). What would be necessary in order to make that possible*? :) (I'll explain my ideas in more depth tomorrow if need be. :sleep:)

*guess: "It's not possible without an add-on, and it will be complicated to do." lol

Not very clear yt.

Are you aiming to make a page relevant to an individual user?

Otherwise I don't see the problem. You create your page - if using XF Pages you need to know html.
You add all the info you want and link to them from wheraver you want.
They can sit in the categories of your board, in the full forum display, or not as you wish.

You might also find the wiki helpful as it can create pages without html, from the frontend/ public side.

I'd like to make custom pages (I presume with XF's page function, though I also presume it will require additional work to change the URL structure so it doesn't include /pages/) that look exactly like the member profile pages (i.e. this one), but instead of containing information about the member, it would be filled out on the admin side with information for that particular page. For this project, I'm looking to make custom pages for artists, so instead of having a page for Trombones13, it'd be a page for Adele (which would include tabs for albums, singles, etc. instead of profile info). What would be necessary in order to make that possible*? :) (I'll explain my ideas in more depth tomorrow if need be. :sleep:)

*guess: "It's not possible without an add-on, and it will be complicated to do." lol

why not make a new Tab?
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/pfps-com-br-profile-tab-manager.21917/

I'm thinking something more like this (ignore the data that's from my profile and the incorrect age that I wrote :p):
Adele_artist_page_mockup.webp
The page would display relevant information on each artist's latest updates, a place to find music and videos, mentions on the forum, etc. (The media and follower/mention information would be supplied from other, already-existing add-ons.) I'd also like to be able to have the URLs for each artist be displayed as http://voiceradio.us/artists/{artistname}. Information such as the link and title for the latest single would be edited in the Admin CP.

p.s. Morgain--I'm fully aware of how pages work; I just wasn't sure if such a layout could be achieved simply through making pages. :)
James...now that I think of it, it'd be very easy to make the URL scheme work; I'll just have to define what the URLs are supposed to be when developing the add-on (such as how XenMedio has a /media URL structure for everything in the add-on), however that works.

Are there any add-ons that currently use a layout like this that I can take a look at, or does it look like I'll be struggling through this on my own, haha?

ETA: @Erich: These would be custom pages for artists and wouldn't be exclusive to specific forum members (see mockup above). It's essentially a profile page, but instead of being for a member, it contains information on an artist.

Most likely you'll need a completely custom add-on for this, based on the fact of how detailed the information shall be.

Top Bottom